• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Repainting the radio surround, part 2 of 2.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Pull the radio and attached surround halfway out and disconnect the two wiring connectors and the aerial from behind the radio and remove it completely:

no_stereo.png

You now need to remove the airvent from either side of the radio. Use a flat-bladed screwdriver to carefully release the two clips that hold each vent on:

airvent_clip.png

Here you can see that there are two screws either side of the radio that attach it to the trim. Remove these and the radio can be detached. You can also see that there are four screws either side of the radio that attach it to the metal cage:

three_screws.png

If you need the serial number of your radio to reset the code, it is the BP number shown here on the label:

serial_number.png

Re-assembly is just a matter of following this guide in reverse. This what my surround looks like sprayed in Plastikote Super in satin black. I think it looks pretty cool but the 'satin' isn't different enough from gloss in my opinion (Y).

black_surround.png

Back