Renault Clio diesels

Sorry that was meant to be micra k12 diesels :p

Are they any good? My daily commute is going up by 46 miles a day and I'm thinking it might be worth getting a diesel

Could anyone that owns one give me their pros and cons please :)

worth getting just for the tax alone, only £30 a year:cool:, good on fuel and very reliable from what ive heard.

I must admit I've been seriously tempted as well Karl. The thing that puts me off is what if it goes wrong? £1,000 quid if an injector fails, £1,500+ if the turbo goes... You get th picture...

yeh, i agree guy, my brother had a £3000 bill for common rail injectors on his golf :eek: (his misses went ape, and it was done under warranty in the end lol)

What are the 1.4 petrols like? If the diesels are that expensive if they go wrong might be worth looking at a petrol

Tbh Karl, mine does 42 which is pretty good. There's a point as engines get smaller where consumption rises because you have to rag the bollocks of it to get anywhere. Just look at the Fiat 500! Advertises miniscule fuel consumption but actually does very low 30s if you 'drive' it at all :(.

Well after looking at the costs of it all it's cheaper for me to keep the k11 but that doesn't include mpg cause that varies driver to driver

Insurance and repair bills are cheaper for the k11, tax is cheaper for a diesel though

I'm not put off getting a 12 but it'd have to be diesel, even if they're a rip off to fix

These K9K engines perform queit well, fuel comsuption in daily driving is about 5,5L/100km. OE spec is 5l/100km

But the main downside it`s a renault engine and not one of the most strongest. the conrod bearings are quite weak.

Back