Removing the front lower arm bolt

Hi all

I am fairly new to doing repairs on micra's and I am struggling in trying to remove the front suspension lower arm bolt.

I have removed the two bolts and the bracket fron the rear of the front suspension arm and the anti roll bar. I then have removed the nut from the last bolt remaining, but cannot remove this bolt.

It is extremly tight, the manual say's "simply remove bolt". Is there a perticular way to remove this bolt easily? or does this bolt normally corrode and jam in the rubber?

thanks Ben

yes they usually rust into the steel bush inside the rubber ben :doh: you could try soaking it with thin oil overnight, but i,ve had to cut the head and tail off the bolt and spread the bracket and lever them out in the past fwn

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure if it had a steel bush inside, now I know i suspect that it has seized togther.

I will soak it over night, if that fails I will have to gut the head off it as you have done.

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure if it had a steel bush inside, now I know i suspect that it has seized togther.

I will soak it over night, if that fails I will have to gut the head off it as you have done.

np ben :) the remnant usually bashes out ok, using an up-ended socket on a solid floor, its just that there,s too much bounce on the chassis bracket to get it to shift if its rusted in :suspect:

Back