Removing rear window and Rear spoiler

B

Ben

Ok so i picking my smooth boot up next Sunday from Wayne :D :D . But my boot window is tinted so want that one in the smoothed one, much work? and how do i go about it?? Also, mine has the wrap around spoiler on it - how do i remove it from my old boot and fit it to the new one?

Ben

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I would have thought the rear window was epoxied to the boot - i.e. near impossible to remove in one piece.

Just get your new window retinted.

OP
OP
B

Ben

yeah i was thinking that, Wayne says shouldnt be too hard to remove the window + he has the smoothed boot window removed so must come out

OP
OP
B

Ben

yeah i was thinking thati.e. getting new window tinted but Wayne says shouldnt be too hard to remove the window + he has the smoothed boot window removed so must come out

OP
OP
B

Ben

I was thinking about just tinting the new window but Wayne has it removed from the smooth boot at the moment so it must come out n he reckons it isnt too hard to swap over so if case be i would rather save myself the £40 or whatever it will be and not but all depends. What about the spoiler?

Attachments

• PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 344

Titch

Micra K11ng
Reckon that it would be easy enough to get it out, but not back into your new boot. Just get the window in the new boot tinted, and gettin the old spoiler off is really easy.
Open the boot, there is two bolts inside the top part of it. Take them off, and i think thats it. Just pull it off carefully, and make sure you don't damage it, as they are quite brittle. Its also help on with silicone.
Hope that helps mate,
Titch :kungfu: