Removing original h/u

B

Blue Dragon

How on earth do you remove the old h/u on the k10??? I haven't got a clue - can anyone tell me please?

Cheers

yeah, waz (that IS a verb) out the ashtray with a bit of brute force, and remove the metal slider/bracket thing for it by unscrewing the short black screw in the middle. When you've got that out you then need to find the two silver screws positioned about 1 inch in from either side and about 1.5 inches back, they are sat in recessed bits. unscrew these two. The HU should now be loose, so reach around behind it and give it a push, et voila.

This may sound a bit silly, but has any 1 hot any pics of their after market stereo install?

Im asking as the shape left behind by the original head unit is not exactly rectangular like normal. Thanks.

hhhmmmmm.............. So it does fit after all. Sorry, i removed the unit completely 2day and realised the whole front face comes out with it leaving a normal "din" shape behind for a nomarl stereo to go in.

Arnold - Cheers for the pic.... cars seems to be coming along nicely.

W4SIM said:
Arnold - Cheers for the pic.... cars seems to be coming along nicely.

Cheers! i havent updated that since last may or so and looks quite different now :)

Back