Removing o/s rear wing

Hi folks,

Was hoping for a bit of advice, my partner has made a bit of a mess to her K12's drivers side rear quarter panel, she is going to visit a body shop or two for quotes, but I have found a replacement panel (and in the right colour) for £20 from a breakers website.

Would it be a reasonable job for a home DIY'er of moderate skill to replace the panel themselves? Also, are there any guides out there showing the bolt/lug placements for the rear wings? I'd hate to get part-way through the job and get stuck.

Thanks guys, Any advice or info is appreciated

JB

Thanks for the reply Frank! Not what I wanted to hear, although it makes sense!! I haven't needed to dabble with car exteriors before so it's unfamiliar territory!

Still, sourcing a good condition replacement panel in the right colour should bring down the body shop's bill than trying to de-mangle and respray the existing one.

JB

show us the damage :)
by the time the other rear panels patched in it gonna need spraying just to stay in

Thank you for the input r-reg-sr!

After a couple of £1000+ quotes we have decided to go down the insurance route!

Thanks for the advice anyway, saved £20 plus postage and being stuck with a rear wing I cant do anything with! Lol

JB

Back