Removing Headlight

Hi all!

Was attemoting to remove my headlights to install some quick relesease bumper clips (JDM Style Things) I manged to remove all three bolts and renoved the awkward one by removing the grill. Hwoever the headlight was loose but seemed to be stuck somewhere and I couldnt pull it out! Didnt want to pull too hard concious I might break something, anyone done this before and have any advice?

Thanks

In headlights are 3 bolt, 2 of them are easily visible and removable at top side. To remove 3rd, you have to remove grills. When grill is removed, mounting bracket & the bolt is visible in front of headlight, under it. Please see attached link and pictures for guidance ;)

[url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-NISSAN-MICRA-K12-N-S-PASSENGERS-SIDE-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-26010AX600-170-/182716588169?epid=1316269448&hash=item2a8ac1e089:g:VpIAAOSwEUtZkV~j]2004 NISSAN MICRA K12 N/S PASSENGERS SIDE HEADLIGHT / HEADLAMP 26010AX600 ( 170[/URL]
http://[url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/i...ADLAMP 26010AX600 ( 170[/u][/b][/color][/url]
In case, I'm still blocked by you, you don't see this :( Please let me know if you have read this tip to remove headlights?

Hi all!

Was attemoting to remove my headlights to install some quick relesease bumper clips (JDM Style Things) I manged to remove all three bolts and renoved the awkward one by removing the grill. Hwoever the headlight was loose but seemed to be stuck somewhere and I couldnt pull it out! Didnt want to pull too hard concious I might break something, anyone done this before and have any advice?

Thanks
As Mika says there are 4 fixings for each headlight, one being a plastic clip that attaches the grill and the other three being M6 bolts, the one directly below the headlight being a real sod to get to:mad:. I had to take my headlights out to replace the bulbs, still got the scrapes on my arm from working in the small gap behind the front bumper to remove, and even worse, replace the lower bolts!:( (a ratchet ring spanner does help :cool:)

Last edited:
My mechanic sold me H4 bulbs with 4 year warranty, only condition was that he will change bulbs. I was surprised when he changed bulbs, with his big hands, with out removing headlights.

My mechanic sold me H4 bulbs with 4 year warranty, only condition was that he will change bulbs. I was surprised when he changed bulbs, with his big hands, with out removing headlights.
I could get my hand in there Mika, without removing the light, but couldn't make out how to unlatch and re-latch the bulb retaining spring, by feel. Didn't want to break anything by forcing it, so opted to remove the lamps to see what I was doing.....

I drove as cyclopes from Netherlands trough Germany, Denmark and Sweden, finally in Fin(e)land at home I changed the bulb in 2014. By removing headlight, without knowledge that bulb is possible to change without removing headlight. Professionals sometimes know things related to their profession. I had to try, I can't change bulb from Micra without removing headlight.

Back