Removing Gear Knob

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
I want to take on my standars gear knob to put on a new one, i searched on here and saw that you just twist it off anti-clockwise.....but it dosent seem that easy :( i tried to twist it but it didnt work :(

any ideas?

cheers

andy

Ex. Club Member
get some big mole grips on it since your putting another 1 on it dont matter if you scuff or mark the rubber

OP
OP
GuyH08

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
ok thanks guys, looks like il just have to give it another go.
is there any chance that by twisting it you could damage anything further down the stick?

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
yearh it does come off anti clockwise...i used mole grips on my old one (was a leather almera gti gearknob) and that scuffed all the leather off it :S as said elbow grease! lol

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
my dad just grabbed it and pulled it straight up because i was struggling to twist it lol. You are suposed to twist it and dont be scared of getting really aggressive with it

Antony

Ex. Club Member
it was dragon masters, i was giving it a good ol'pull and it just came off, smacked me right in the mouth. even worse when i slid it back on and did it again, this time got it square in the nose....

had a great day though...lol

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
luckily when i came to do the handbrake a few days ago that slid straight off looks like nissan have a sense of humour doorcards on the other hand are a whole diffrent story one hidden screw took me four hours in the cold