Removing fixed rear windows

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Hi guys,

I'd like to remove my rear side windows to get them tinted, but I'm not sure how to go about it!

They are of the fixed/sealed variety, so how should I go about taking the seal off and window out, the refitting them?

I'm sure quickdraw did this when he stripped the K11?

B

Ben

are you tinting them yourself? I imagine so since yourr taking them out, i think Lindy148 just done this recently if i can remember correctly

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I'm going to attempt to yes.

If it doesnt go to plan, the pro tinters will still get a better finish with the windows removed :)

B

Ben

my windows were in when they done mine n they done a smashing job, cant see how could be any different to be honest

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Are yours fixed, or can they be opened?

I want to attempt it myself first, if that doesnt work out, I'll literally just give the company my windows rather than my car!

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
yes mate you can remove them! :)

simply from the inside get a screw driver and fold the inner rubber towards the window, edging it over the metal lip. then basically do this all the way round, whatever you do dont rush it, take your time and simply 'pop' the rubber over the inner metal 2 screwdrivers come in handy to hold one in whilsty you mve along to the next bit taking your time.

same whilst doing the k10 front window :)

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
exactly the same but in reverse :p

nah seriously just put the window up against the space 'hook' the bottom (largest section) over the metal lip, and then feed the rest of the rubber back over :)

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Yup - I'll probably push out the window and find it falls onto the brick drive and smashes into millions of pieces....hoorah!

L

Lindy418

yeah its an easy job done mine a little while back to put pop open windows in, ull need someone there to hold it if your worried about it however if you do i have my old ones in the garage still :eek:) There easy to get bk in aswell ended up needing to put them bk on quickly cause it started to rain and my garage wasnt cleared out duh lol