Removing Driver side front panel AND, does anyone know anything about my car? :P

Puddy

Ex. Club Member
Hi.
Firstly - when I bought my car, it had (amongst other things) a fair-sized dent in the front drivers side panel. How on earth do I get this panel off? I just tried to undo all the bolts running along the top of the panel under the bonnet, then one inside the door bit, but there seems to be another one underneith, which looks to be welded on?
Is removing these panels a big task? and even if I did manage to get the panels off, would it simply be a case of tapping the dent back out with a rubber mallet and a towel?

Secondly - My car has a white pin-stripe running down either side of the car. I've never seen another micra with this. It's a 1.0 k11 Twister. Was this just a feature on the twister's, or does it mean something else?

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Photo00205.jpg
    Photo00205.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Photo00206.jpg
    Photo00206.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 229

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
ah so you are trying to take the drivers wing off there is 1 bolt next to the door and 3-4 under the bonnet one behind the light and two under neath next to the sill mate not sure if its the same with preface and face lift though

OP
OP
P

Puddy

Ex. Club Member
Could it be easier just to remove the inner wheel arch liner, and just reach around and push it out??
If that just clips out, then it could be a more viable option...

solarice

Ex. Club Member
the arch lip clips undo pretty easily tbh, just need a philips screw driver...you'll be able to feel / see where they are. You probably could remove it all as one unit, but then youd need to remove even more clips. :)