REMOTE central locking

R

Robin Cooper

Hi there i have not posted for a while on here, i was looking i get ride of my micra soon 2 get a new car but i am now going to keep it for at least 2 years if not more, so i am looking for more mods i was wondering if you can fit remote central locking on the 1.3 micras and if you can were do you get the bits for this and how much would it be?

will be getting more mods when can jst want 2 make it even better it is allready nice jst want bit more now,

And i hate having to use the key it just looks and feels cheap if you get me lol.

Cheers rob

I had the same sort of problem with my 200sx. Had to use the key all the time. I just bought a cheap alarm that came with central locking. Fitted was around £250 I think which isn't that bad, helps on insurance too :p

Nis.

ok thank you for that that is great, what alams you you say are best?

with that kit from maplins it is just the central locking that you then can link the alarm to to make it remote central locking can you you not just link an alarm to the standard central locking to make it remote central locking

http://www.microscan.uk.com/clockingkits.htm

just found that, at the bottom of the page there is the remtome for central locking would tht fit to the standard micra one?

Cheers rob

There are some on e-bay too but hey does that Maplin one come with code-hopping? What do they call it? Security feature which ensures that the code is not easily stolen or altered. Thing I hate about these cheap ones is that they can suffer damp problems and easily get knackered...

Alarms wise... I would go for a Clifford Arrow 5 with a motion sensor... or a Cobra would do you... Cobra are decent too... easier to fit than the Clifford I reckon...

Better off DIY-ing it because having it fitted can be expensive...

well sayin that i have a toad system in my car bought and fitted for 150 notes guy was an absolute legend had the car in and out in 3hrs fitted with motion sensors imobiliser and remote central lockin. was previously quoted 400 bucks by a garage to fit an alarm if and i had to supply the alarm itself thought mmmmmmmmm f***that!!!

lol ok, that is great need that lol, where did you get that done, was it local garage to you? were do you live?

Ahhh you lucky poo! Here some dude was quoting: £90 per door for remote central locking. Labour and the motor etc. £100 for fitting the alarm... no motion sensor... bunch of crooks I tell you... so went through mechanic who knows a guy... and he did it all for £50 but I had to watch him as I was told if you leave him he will do a shoddy job... Which TOAD do you have? Did it bring down insurance? CAT 1 or CAT 2? Ta. Yeh £400-500 sounds in the range for most quotes.

Hi there i have not posted for a while on here, i was looking i get ride of my micra soon 2 get a new car but i am now going to keep it for at least 2 years if not more, so i am looking for more mods i was wondering if you can fit remote central locking on the 1.3 micras and if you can were do you get the bits for this and how much would it be?

will be getting more mods when can jst want 2 make it even better it is allready nice jst want bit more now,

And i hate having to use the key it just looks and feels cheap if you get me lol.

Cheers rob
Read this:
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=8846&highlight=central+locking

Hi, I have just fitted a remote central locking kit of ebay (35 quid posted) to my Micra K10. went on in 15 mins and works from about 30 meters away!! its paid for itslef over and over again the way i can open the doors from inside my house and leg it to the car in the rain, normally i would have to fumble for the keys in the rain, then get in and lean over to open the door to my soakin wet passenger lol. excellent mod!! (as i only have 2 doors i got 2 slave servo motors for rear doors if anyone wants them for a fiver!!!)

yeah ive got the Ai606 cat 1 system from toad its all insurance approved brought my quote down a fair bit but the mods sort of evened that one! fella that did mine did a great job cant even see any wires only visible part of the alarm is the siren and the little l.e.d.

kk cool good good, yeh i was looking at that toad one looks good and find cheaps ones on ebay

Back