remote central locking kit

who is interested in a group buy for a remote central locking kit / push button start

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

sexyjonah

this is the info about the remote central locking i am currently negotiating a price with a company obveously the more ppl that want it the less it will be, maximum you will be looking at is £ 35 inc p&p, dont vote unless you intend to buy.

a premium quality Universal Wireless Remote Central Locking System that comes with two stylish black remotes that have red LED's and durable rubber buttons.

This system is known as 'Universal' because it will fit all known cars, vans, trucks and SUV's regards of make or model. In other words it will fit any road veheicle.

info for the push button start to follow.

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

info on the push button start

PUSH BUTTON ENGINE START SWITCH KIT
Start your engine like racing driver! Not only does this engine start switch look good, it could also#provide security advantages - hide the button#and slow down would-be thieves, even if they have your keys!
Complete kit with step-by-step#installation guide
Can be fitted to most vehicles in about 30 minutes
Suitable for replacing broken ignition switches
Steel start button with threaded barrel and locking nut
£20 max inc p&p

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
The only problem with the push button start is NATS. It wont work unless your key is in the ignition

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Also, the barrel lock, whats the point of a push button if you still need to use a key to release the steering wheel, I had one once but due to this I got rid, for now!

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

i have been told that the barrel can be relocated and if the chip is attached to the barrel it will solve both probs ie nats and stearing lock.
i will also be adding a kill switch that will be located in a sectet location (mwahaha) for all those thevin ppl out there

Titch

Micra K11ng
You can't break the NATS system, belive me. I've been at it for a Month, and it can't be done. Also there is no real point in a push start.

You still need the key for the steering lock
NATS

Really - its pointless.

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

the steering lock is located behind the ignition barrel, both are attached to the steering colum by 2 sheer bolts wich would have to be drilled out by removing this, the steering lock will no longer work. also if needs be the key can be left in the ignition barrel switched on with an isolator switch hooked in to the live to switch it on and off. the isolator would be the bit you hide so no one can nick ya ride.

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
But if I was a bad person and saw a key in the igniation I would try to steal it.

If you don't have NATS there won't be a problem, break barrel lock tehn it's simpley a switch for electrics on then button to start, I know j.a.kelly does/did do this.

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

what i ment was remove the barrel and lock mount from yhe colum leave the key in it and relocate it under the dash, then if you want the push button start can be fitted where the barrel was. not sure if im gunna put it there but its an option

Titch

Micra K11ng
Really - i don't see the point in it. All you are doing is making your car un-secure by taking the steering lock out, and if someone were to watch you a few times, it wouldn't be to hard for them to figure out how to start the car and make off with it.
Also - how do you plan to have all your electrics wires to one switch? I mean going through the whole loom, finding what one need to d=come on with the engine, and what ones have to be on with ignition.

Pointless, and alot of work, for something that really isn't needed.

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

each to there own mate, i want this fitted, i have a couple more security ideas involving nats at the mo but im still working on them.

M

Monkey

there are transponder immobliser over rides, you lock the transponder in a metal box thats bolted to the chassis somewhere hidden away and it has a couple of wires comming out of it that will dissengage the immobliser when it receives a pulse from a remote option.

or you can fit a second "key" type of immobiliser that you press in to a socket.

or just have the transponder receiver (its like a cylinder magnet) behind the dash somewhere and you just wave the key infron of it, it only needs to be about 20-50mm away for it do deactivate, then you have 30 seconds to start the engine, and it will arm 30 seconds after the engine has been switched off.

the only problem like other people have said is the steering lock but the bolts can be drilled out/removed and refitted at a later date.

personally i'd put in a seperate immoblilser (thatchams approved) wired up to the push buttion through a couple of relays and a hidden keyed kill switch for extra security

Regarding the remote interface i take it its just a remote and a interface and it doesnot come with solonoids for the central locking at that price, and have you got any details/technical info ie:

Range
How many chanels
how many out puts
frequency the transmitter emmits
any pics of the remote
the manufacturer

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

no it hasnt already been ordered i told the company i would get back to them with numbers then they will give me a price, i will post it here get the numbers then purchase. if the price is any good that is

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
as before do u need central locking or can u fit the kit if u dont have it

is the kit just to make a central locking car, REMOTE cenral locking or the whole thing

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

the kit makes your non- central locking car, in to a remote central locking car.