Remote central locking Actuator/Solenoid

Hi Just joined so hello to all members, I have a 3door k12 and my drivers side central locking is making a clicking noise on locking the car been told its the Actuator(common fault I believe) what I need to know does it matter if a replacement part needs to be of another 3dr or will one of a 5dr be the same only asking as I have been offered one of a 5dr but dont want to buy it then it doesnt fit. Any help would be gratefully recieved, also are there any websites where I can check for part numbers.

Thanks
Mazer

AFAIK it should be the full door latch mechanism, in a plastic housing. It'll be about 5x4x1 inches (guesstimate) and replace the whole unit in your car.

And AFAIK it doesn't matter which car you have - if it's a front door latch it'll fit (assuming it's for the correct side of the car!)

Give your local Nissan main dealer a call, their parts department will be able to confirm the part number from your VIN or licence plate.

Just changed the driver's door mech in my Brabus - not difficult per se, just tight access and fiddly cables. Worth it for the smooth operation.

In the Workshop Reference Manual (HERE - file BL.pdf, page 209), Nissan recommend replacing the securing torx bolt when you refit it.

Back