Reg plate lighting

B

Ben

Ok, since the flushed boot the reg plate will be moving down to the splitters but i still need it to be illuminated correct but the LED surround things are for off road use only????e.g. Surround so what can i do, i have had a look at Gavs and i cant see how he has had his lit up and its an MOT failure if its not lit up so i am a bit lost? Anyone any suggestions?

would these be ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7948626498&fromMakeTrack=true

if those surround things are illegal, i can't see the ebay ones are legal either.

yeah i think its that ur only supposed to see the glow so i will cover the bulb so that only the glow goes on the plate

hmm this is tricky
asd when i got pulled i had to produce MOt stamp to say i had sorted the lighting
so i simply bought a crappy srround as ben shown on the first bit and it passed the MOT :S

and all was clear. i aint sure on this one.

hmm maybe it it just that the RED and coloured ones are road illegal and have to be white

but then mine is REd lol

i dunno man

Looks like he has got 2 white LED washer jets but holes in his bumper and hes using them!
(thats what id do!!)

there splash caps, have been on the blower to him. The way he did it was to keep the old lights and simply screw them into the bumper and cover em with splash caps. this may be the route i take or i may simply just get another bulb and holder from another car from scrappy and screw it into bumper and have it facing down to plate with it ccoded

I've taken plate lights off other cars in scrappy, calibras i think are the best for discreetness as they're flat and slim, other ones like astra's get a bit bulky! They all pocket sized if ya know what i mean, so a bit of trial and error. Get a few and you might find one you particularly like

small fiesta ones are cood for this or was it a nova now i come to think of it
well this is what i did to the FOAH one so
was easy peasy

My mate had the same problem with his Civic. What hid did was get some wanker lights (bonnet LEDs), and attach these to you numberplate. Wire them into your sidelights, and its done! After MOT, you might get away with taking them off, but you'll probally get pulled for it. Hope this helps.
Titch :kungfu:

no, he kept his original reg lighting bulbs and mounted them in the bumper then covered them with splash caps- the tihng above his reg plate

Jst noticed this again mate.
How i did it - go to the scrappie and get a light off of a transit if you can.
Then CAREFULLY!! cut a hole in the bumper big enough for it to fit.
Will post up a picture of how i did mine later - but mine is a bit messed up!
If it was done right then it would look fine.

Titch said:
Jst noticed this again mate.
How i did it - go to the scrappie and get a light off of a transit if you can.
Then CAREFULLY!! cut a hole in the bumper big enough for it to fit.
Will post up a picture of how i did mine later - but mine is a bit messed up!
If it was done right then it would look fine.

looks damn fine now mate.. nothing wrong with it!!

except when breaking ;)

Back