REDTOP engine conversion

kristian said:
they have a black one... less powerfull than the red top

the blacktop has more power than the redtop but

the mapping and gearboxs are what makes them different,

the blacktop gearbox is more of a racey gearbox, whilst the redtop has more useable torque,

all so if you remap the blacktop or maybe put a redtop ecu on it you still see the blacktop is more powerfull

a primera gt redtop will tow a caravan with out struggling and with hardly any/none gear changes when going up hills ( torque )

a primera gt blacktop will struggle on the tinyist of hills and you will be up and down gears a hell of a lot

as far as i know the ford duratech is only available in the newest mondeo...and possibly the 2.3 Ltr version in the mazda 6 MPS.... and soon the 290BHP Front wheel drive Mazda 3 MPS (the fastest most powerfull FWD hatchback car ever built...)fwn fwn

but yeah its a motorbike engine that has 2.0l displacement

i think the micra as standard is allready a sleeper.... i mean my car is fairly standard appart from the wheels and filter....but it wooped my colleagues astra to death...

he has a mk4 astra 1.6 16V with a very wildly tuned ported and gas flowed head... full exhaust and filter.... spax adjustables all round and powerflex bump stops....

i raced him to 60 on a dead back road industrial estate and at 55mph had enough of a lead to pull infront of him..... and he couldnt catch me arround the bends either.... i had the car in an opposite lock drift most of the time....hahahaha:glance: :glance: :glance: he did call me a crazy mofo though!

As I said before, so what if the engine makes the car handle badly...what you lose in the corners, you make up in the straights...

'Little Bandit' at Knockhill was a prime example of this!

antony_aiken said:
as far as i know the ford duratech is only available in the newest mondeo...

the duratec is in the fiesta st..the modeo engine is a zetec badged duratec,,so i read on the st forum

NISMO_ALMERA said:
As I said before, so what if the engine makes the car handle badly...what you lose in the corners, you make up in the straights...

'Little Bandit' at Knockhill was a prime example of this!

at least thats an alloy block. The Vaux one is cast, much heavier. While yours upsets the handling, that would kill it altogether.

try putting a rover v8 in a mini and you sill see what he means by Too heavy...

there would be sooo much weight over the front end everytime you lifted off the weight transfer would just throw the back end out arround every corner....

deffo an ally block

antony_aiken said:
try putting a rover v8 in a mini and you sill see what he means by Too heavy...

there would be sooo much weight over the front end everytime you lifted off the weight transfer would just throw the back end out arround every corner....

deffo an ally block

vtech engines are best for the mini conversion

yeah....although i have seen a video on google.com/video of a mini with a 16V KAD head on a 1380 block...and it screams to 11000 rpm... emense power almost 250bhp...on a 50 yr old engine....

makes you think...

GPGP said:
I am just wondering if anybody has had the balls to try and put the powerful 16v vauxhall redtop in a mark 2 micra. They are available off ebay at around the £300 mark and it would give the car about 180Bhp/ton + 185lbs/ton.
Questions:
1) What parts would be needed apart from engine? Eg new driveshafts, suspension etc.
2) Would it fit with a bigger radiator? A bit of welding needed!!!
3) Has anybody tried this before with any other engines, apart from a 1.3?

Just imagine the look on boy racers faces when a supposedly 1L micra kicks their ass!!!

yes go for the red top for better power and alot cheaper on tuning parts

Back