Red Micra K11 - Aesthetics Upgrade on a student budget.

Hey guys,

So first of all being my first post I will say hello :)

Any how, my other half has a Red Micra K11 1999, and she like "doing it up," ie, chrome window wipers, remove stock badges, new hub caps and Transformers Badges (I kind of pushed her towards these :D.)

Due to her not being so heads on I like to strip parts down without a manual and have a play around ect, so I took out the radio column and fitted a new radio and wired it up ect, then I found were the bulbs are behind the fan controls and replaced them with red LEDs.

But I was wondering what sort of things you can do on a budget ie, replacing stock parts to make it more unique, one thing I was thinking of doing was to take the material that is on the door, the horrible grey looking fuzz and replace it with something nice like a faux leather, is that sort of thing feasible and relatively easy ?

Just a few ideas to get the ball rolling really.

Cheers in advance guys.

Suppose it depends on the model (and what it has already), looking at doing some similar things to my gf's too. Like you, the stereo was first stop (the rear shelf is pre-wired, so if you can get a cheap shelf, you will have four speakers without the hassle of wiring up the car).
Might be worth looking at scrappers for colour coded bumpers, wing mirrors etc. Maybe look on e-bay for some cheap alloys too (will save on tyres later on).

front splitter from a 6n vw polo fits really well and looks great, iirc I paid £10 from scrapyard, nissan almera gti leather steering wheel is a bit smaller/sportier and fits on, and retains airbag.

Back