Rear windscreen rubber lining...

Just wondering if this easy to get hold of? Motor factors supply? how much? My rear rubber holding the windscreen in is coming off and need to replace it. I've got the jist of how its done with the aid of some para cord/string. but any mre tips most appreciated.

Cheers

nissan is your best bet to get one, but it may be worth trying a windscreen fitting company like autoglass, rac. etc.

Will give the local factor a ring hopefully should only be a few quid? dont really want to be forking out extra getting a professional to do it really seems 'simple' enough

splitting in the rubber edging round the rear window is extreamly common,

nothing to worry about because it doesn't hold the window in, it is just trim. the window is bonded in and won't come out without breaking it.

it would cost about £60 to get a pro to fix the rubber edging on the window.

Well thats just great! Is there some special tools required? as the old one just pulls off. Is the trim also held in place with some sort of bonding? If i can get the old one off, cant i just snap the new one in place using some sealant?

Edit: Just been off the phone from the motor factors.... £28.28!!! for a strip of rubber! daylight robbery!

It's more for a Nissan one but it's well worth doing. I had to have a new one as my original fell apart when it was removed in the spray shop.

Easy to do, no special tools needed or sealer, just some patience and good strong fingers to get it fully under the glass. I wouldn't recommend using anything to push it in with, it's a sure way to damage your paint and there's not much clearance anyway.

Well thats just great! Is there some special tools required? as the old one just pulls off. Is the trim also held in place with some sort of bonding? If i can get the old one off, cant i just snap the new one in place using some sealant?

Edit: Just been off the phone from the motor factors.... £28.28!!! for a strip of rubber! daylight robbery!

the trim is just stuck into the bonding, it would have got caught when the window was fixed in place, i got a new hatch from a scrappy for £15 already in the right colour :p

i assume that the new one should push in, i kinda had a go with mine but its not that easy...

i was quoted £85 to get a brand new clio splitter!!! omfg! its just a bit of plastic! i got one from the scrappy for £2 ;)

Back