Rear window rubber!!

I've looked around on here, though can't find and i'm sure i'm not the only one as i've seen plenty on the road!
The rear window rubber (seal?) parted and coming away, which mine is doing quite well and i'm always trying to push it back in place only for it to be fruitless, as it never meets at the top.

New rubber needed to be put all the way round? or as when i asked a car window fitter its cosmetic? As supposedly the window is glued anyway?

It just gives that untidy look from the back grr...

Would do, though the rubber is coming away all the way round the the window - bottom etc.

Didn't know if ripping it right off and filling the channel its left with silicone??

Oh, I thought it was just coming off at the top....
Try glue to rubber back into place??

Then add a spoiler and it will keep it from coming apart at the top??

i just ripped mine off and filled it with black PU sealant and carefully smooth it along with me thumb. a messy job and may make future window replacement tricky but looks smoother.

Cheers for the input, think i've made my mind up now. Will rip the rubber out, and fill with sealant. I may just put that spoiler on too:), though prolly after i've sorted out my bonnet, that some ####/####s thought it a good idea to jump on it and then few days later dented the sides of it once i thought i sorted it, so now it has this wavy effect going on grr..

Happened to my old housemates K11, I stuck the flapping trim back in place with tiger seal (WEAR GLOVES! IT DOESN'T COME OFF YOUR HANDS FOR WEEKS!) and then just bridged the gap with some more tiger seal. It helps to run masking tape on either side of the gap to keep a sharp line down the sides, and I sprayed a little panel wipe, but I'm sure white sprit or meths would work, on the sealant before smoothing it off. Just stops it sticking to your gloves and makes a smoother finish easier to achieve.

Sorry to rehash this thread. I have the same problem with the rear window strip/rubber coming away. Isn't the part available anymore?

I pulled mine off in the end. Looks ok without it. The main Nissan dealer quoted me £54 for the rubber.

I haven't purchased.

Back