Rear speakers

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
My old 98 k11 had speakers in the rear parcel shelf and my 99 k11 has'nt. If i get a parcell shelf with the speakers in it would the wiring be brought to the back of the car or would i have to run some wires to the back ?

they will be there mate just under the carpet on the drivers side of the boot it will be taped up so if you get the shelf with the standard speakers in and the cables the other part opf the connector will be there

my k11 doesnt have rear speakers. will myn have wires for them. as myn running off my amp.. Thanks

the wires are there there is a connector tied up in grey/black tape behind the carpet on the wheel arch just snip the plug off and wire them into that will try looking for a pick but the plug is white and yellow

well when i put a acoustic shelf in my k11 i just layed new wires in but i used the mic plugs thats you use for pa systems iv mounted the plugs in the side plastic trim so it looks neat the speakers just plug in and out if i need the boot space.

My 1.0 doesn't have rear speakers either. I've been looking for the wiring for them, but so far haven't been able to find it.

After removing the screws (indicated with a red arrow) and carpet, I checked the yellowish shaded area, but all I found was wiring for lights, wiper, etc. (Checked both sides, wasn't sure since mine is LHD.)

trunk.png

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9099/trunk.png

There is some wiring under the floor carpet, but that all seems to be for lights, etc. as well.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks modded, I will have another look this weekend.

I'd also appreciate some advice on the following:
I want to install rear speakers, but for reasons beyond my male comprehension, my girlfriend doesn't want them in the parcel shelf. As she's the main driver, I'll reluctantly go along ...

However, I don't want to waste space by placing boxed speakers on the boot floor, so I've been thinking about cutting some mdf to fit the green shaded area and install the speaker(s) in there. Would be a perfect way to utilize otherwise wasted space.

trunkb.png

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7821/trunkb.png

The easiest way would be to just leave the bottom open, but I'm curious how this will affect sound quality. Actually, I'm curious about whether this will work at all! Anybody got an idea?

is this the sort of plug? whats circled in this picture. i think i have this plug its with the wiring loom on the right side behing the carpet.

Attachments

• ParcelShelf.jpg
    ParcelShelf.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 320
Back