Rear seatbelt locked up

I have the seatbelt over the head rests so I can pull them upright after being folded, the other day I went to lower the seat but the seatbelt was locked up, I've removed it now but it remains locked, even at the correct angle.

It has 3 pointed scews, I've searched but can't seem to find a screwdriver like that, what on earth are they called?

Also any tips on unlocking the seatbelt?

Thanks

Oh well. Opened it up with a little flat-head, moved a liitle gadget and pulled the belt back out, put it back together and seems to be working just fine now. :grinning:
I was going to leave it off as I never carry anyone in the back, however I see that I need rear seatbelts for the MOT, I guess taking the rear seat out would have been an option,

Are you sure you didn't just pull the belt all the way out and let it rachet back into child seat mode? If so just let it retract all the way back and then gently pull it out and it should unlock.

No it was locked solid with just part of the belt out around the headrest, not sure it'll be clever enough to have a child seat mode? it certainly wasn't anywhere near all the way out, and it only wanted to reel the belt in and not out.

Normally when they lock you have to put them right back in and then bolt them back onto the car. When unbolted from the car its very hard to pull it out ive found. Never heard of once being upside down thats them ####ed.....

Also heres a little test, get two backseat passengers in either side. Driving in a straight line they can pull it out, go round a roundabout it locks

Ive had alot of people saying they cant pull the belt out when theres nothing wrong with it

No it was locked solid with just part of the belt out around the headrest, not sure it'll be clever enough to have a child seat mode? it certainly wasn't anywhere near all the way out, and it only wanted to reel the belt in and not out.

That IS child seat mode, it's to ratchet the seat solid into place to stop it flying into the back of the front seat if you slam on. The way to put it back to normal is to let it reel all the way back. Look at the base of the actual fabric belt where it bolts to the wheel arch, you should see a little yellow caution symbol to warn you of this feature. Standard on all facelift k11s and optional on pre-facelifts.
Oh yeah and the belts only work when they're bolted into place, some kind of safety lock i believe, so bolt it back on and away you go.

Back