Rear Link Arm Bushes?

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Anyone know where I can get hold of replacement bushes for the rear link arms?

They're a bit "sticky" (no, not like that)... and I've got a feeling I'll need to cut the bolts out to get them off...which will, inevitably, involve the destruction of the bushes...

bushes.jpg

Mmmm bushes.

Thanks for that Pollyfingers...that's what I'll be doing when Blurple's recovered from his major surgery next week. I'm 97.5% sure it's one of the near side arms that's causing my uneven arch gaps...as it's loads easier to lift up the offside hub. The other side gets increasingly harder as you lift, as if you're pushing against rubber...

(yep, that last sentence sounded wrong, didn't it?)

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Just done all my rear end took me ages to decide but for lower links I foubd some from Poland on evay which seem ok and for the top I had to go for polybushes, could probably have found them from a different supplier there some red an yellow ones about but I could only find full kits when I were looking

Thanks for that Pollyfingers...that's what I'll be doing when Blurple's recovered from his major surgery next week. I'm 97.5% sure it's one of the near side arms that's causing my uneven arch gaps...as it's loads easier to lift up the offside hub. The other side gets increasingly harder as you lift, as if you're pushing against rubber...

(yep, that last sentence sounded wrong, didn't it?)

finger lickin good :p
when u lifted the axle, was that with springs, dampers and panrod disconnected?

was arch gap measured on a flat & level floor with equal tyre pressures?

Yep...it was before I fitted the corsa shocks...

And yep, both tyres are the same psi...

I scratched my head for a bit, but that's the only thing it could be...I even swapped the springs and shocks to the other side....

Well, the bolts are all super rusty and wouldn't shift...even with a wire-brushing and dousing in wd40...so, yep, it's an educated guess...as they were the only things attached to the axle when i was lifting it...

It would make sense though, yeah?

If the combined resistance of the springs, shocks and link arm(s) was greater on one side versus the weight of the car...that's assuming (maybe foolishly) that the rear of the car is balanced, weightwise...

There's never much weight variation on the rear on our cars
But it'd make sense to me.

But..
The panhard rod... aren't you against that one side and with it the other?

The panhard rod wasn't attached when I did the lift test.... but I suppose when it's on and the wheels are on, it would affect it somehow... not sure if it'd be more on the off or nearside though....hmm....

Could be a combination of link arm and panhard then?

If it was just the panhard, then all lowered Micras would do the same thing, yeah?

Last edited:
:eek:

I can't think the panhard is tight as it's a shiny new Noddie one, fitted with care (and not too tight that it'd stick)...

Did you finally sort out the uneven arch gap problem you had. I'd be interested to know what you did.

Haven't got round to it yet...what with all the welding and bike stuff...I'll probably get to it next Saturday.

Back