Rear inner arch repair parts, does anyone make such a thing?

hello

I’ve got a 153000 mile old L reg k11, 1.0 16v cvt 2 door red sporty number,.... and it’s starting to go a tad ripe in the rear sills, and the area above the spring mount on the inner wing.....and as it’s such an amazing car, I’ve got to fix it......

So can you help...

I’ve not just put a message on the forum, I’ve done about 2 hours of solid searching and seen many many parts, but nothing that looks right....

Clearly eye rolling as I’ve only spent 2 hours....is due... but I could have lied and said days.... so give me some credit....

Also whilst I’m here... does anyone have a nice option on a lightweight bonnet?

Thanks everyone..

Pb

OP
OP
P
Thanks MaxK11C...

I was kinda hoping for something a little more "factory" for the rear arch repair... does anybody have a non rusty pair of inner floor and inner arches maybe they can cut out for me.. (i'm in the very exclusive K11 owners club area of Monmouth Southwales.. ) i can do local pickup.. (she's my daily driver.. dontya. knows... So not fair away if i can help it.. hehe )

Pb

Thanks MaxK11C...

I was kinda hoping for something a little more "factory" for the rear arch repair... does anybody have a non rusty pair of inner floor and inner arches maybe they can cut out for me.. (i'm in the very exclusive K11 owners club area of Monmouth Southwales.. ) i can do local pickup.. (she's my daily driver.. dontya. knows... So not fair away if i can help it.. hehe )

Pb

Reconstruction welding repairs of the K11 Micra MOT failure prescribed area inner/outer rear wheel arch & rear seat belt lower anchor mounting plus rear inner/outer sills is a major complex costly time & money project, (factory pattern parts not available) that is almost certainly uneconomic for a 25 year old vehicle.

The following guide thread photo blog reconstruction rebuild by a MSC mechanical expert gives some indication of level & extent of work involved on pages 169 & 170. The rear wheel arch story starts in the middle to bottom half of page 170 after rebuilding the rear axle assembly.

Detail photo evidence shows how sheet metal is cut & fabricated to cardboard copy patterns by very skilful metal fabrication welding work.

Reference: https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-169

Good luck. :rolleyes: