rear handbrake cables

hi guys

ive been told that i need rear handbrake cables for left & right handside. i did notice that one side was seized so do i need to change both cables or just change the 1 thats seized????

kind regards me

you could try take em out oil and grease (polly blog) first see if that helps otherwise new cables-MY OPINION

what do you mean by polly blog? is there a thread regarding this...if so can you please forward the link! is it easy to remove the cable to oil/grease?

kind regards me

best way is to get familiar with it.that means jack it up axle stands supports and have a look how to unhook,you got haynes book?

what do you mean by polly blog? is there a thread regarding this...if so can you please forward the link! is it easy to remove the cable to oil/grease?

kind regards me
very good blog it is ya learn loads of stuff mate..............think what your looking for is on page 1 even............fwn

im still confused ....page 1 of haynes manual or something else?

regards

here ya go

page 1-2 of me blog, bare in mind its very picture heavy

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild

sorry dont have pics of the cable installation.
story is that my cables were damaged from me previous crash which split the outer cable letting water & dirt in and rusting the inner cable and causing the handbrake mech to be sticky = binding brakes.

Back