Rear Fog Switch Wire Diagram Translation Needed

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone is fluent in wiring diagrams. I'm using a spare rear fog switch for an extra LED light in my front fogs. The colour of the wires on the switch are 2 brown, 1 yellow/red, 1 blue/red and 2 black. At the moment I'm only guessing they are for power, earth and illumination for side lights etc. Wiring is not my thing and hopefully you may help with the colours on the switch, thanks in advance :)
20151230_115455.jpg 20151230_122132.jpg

Last edited:
The 2 black wires connect to chassis (0v), the red/blue wire connects to dash illumination, the red/yellow wire connects to a +12v supply and the 2 brown wires connect to the device you want to power.

Thanks Graeme, I'll connect the red/yellow to the red/blue for the power when sidelights are on as I want to use the LED's independently from the driving lamps, they are only lighting up the light unit and not used as fog/driving lamp

Yes - that should work. I suggest fitting an in-line fuse between the joined red/yellow / red/blue and the sidelight supply of ~1A [assuming you are still using leds] to protect the sidelight circuit.

Had thought about the fuse, I'm thinking by tapping into the sidelight everything is already fused etc. Had been reading as I'm only using two bulbs that there will not be much extra draw on the power but would effect vehicles fitted with a bulb blown warning system. Better be safe than sorry as they say

All sorted :) tried to upload a video to show it working with the two different bulbs must need to upload it from a link I think

Attachments

• 1452449780326.jpg
    1452449780326.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 180
Looks very smart - glad it's all working. You might get pulled by the police for having a square[ish] front number plate - only allowed on parallel and grey import vehicles.

Cheers again with the wiring, number plate should be fine as it passed MOT last month as long as the letters and the numbers are the same size as the UK one's I'm told...here is a pic of the extra switch :)

Attachments

• 1452458258642.jpg
    1452458258642.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 188
Back