Rear fog light Switch

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
Vehicle- K11 L, N-reg

Does anyone know if the symbol on the rear fog lamp switch is supposed to light up.

All the other buttons do. i.e. the hazard warning lights and rear screen demister but just not the rear fog lamp one.

The little orange light below the symbol lights up when the button is pushed in but the symbol isn't illuminated.

Anyone know if it should be, and if so does anyone know where I can get a bulb for it apart from Nissan direct (due to high prices)

Thanks

Steve

Not on the L models, the fog light symbol doesn't have a bulb fitted to it and I don't think it's wired in

the fog light on the switch on my K11 L model 1994 does light up. The rear window heater one doesnt. The hazzards switch flashes in the warning triangle.

Its prob just a dud bulb. Nothing much. :) Just remember you got it on lmao :D

James said:
Ahh I misread, I was talking about the symbol on the dials :blush:

Yes it is supposed to light up lol

only thing that comes up on my dashboard is fuel light, handbrake light and another one with the handbrake and high beam (or a headlight out)

Its the same on my K11, L reg, L model

The hazard lightss up
the rear fog lights up
the rear window demister does not ( although i think on higer spec models it does)

Yours may not work as the bulb built into the switch isnt very strong

James said:
Ahh I misread, I was talking about the symbol on the dials :blush:

Yes it is supposed to light up lol

Thats exactly what i DO mean James, lol

The 'picture' of the rear fog lamp doesn't light up but the other 'Pictures' on the other switches do.

the switches have very small bulbs in them which just twist lock in. iirc all switches have two bulbs - one for illumination - one for 'on'. just flip out the switch carefully with a flat bladed screw driver and check. they just look like two small plastic discs with slots in for a screw driver. unlock it and shake it out.
try Nissan for the bulbs as i don't think they are too bad for small items like this, and they should know which one you will need. other than nissan, try an electronics shop - like Maplins or even ultra LEDs.

Back