rear drums

S

scoot

o_O i must be thick how do you get the bl**dy rear drums off ? its doin my head in do you use a slide hammer or what? cheers:k10:

all i did was get a bid bolt and tightened it up in the holes in the hub which pushed it out probably find your rear brakes are stuck on if there that tight like mine are

all i did was get a bid bolt and tightened it up in the holes in the hub which pushed it out probably find your rear brakes are stuck on if there that tight like mine are

hi i think somebody tried that before by the look of the holes it look like there is snapped off bolts in there :mad:

if mine get stuck I tap them fairly hard with a nylon hammer and try levering around the circumference of the drum with a big screwdriver.

Wack it with a big hammer all around the drum mate....its the proper way. If anytings Stuck on...wackin the drum will free it off :) (lil tip) when pulling the drum off turn it aswell with both hands....i cant really explane it but after doin it for 3 years you gain a nack to it :p

If a lip has built up around the drum this could hold it on, my solution is a hammer and punch to knock it off, be a bit careful and it will get it off but in extreem cases it could cost you a set of shoes.

I spent 20 minutes trying to remove 1 drum from a micra once!
I found that using the nail removing end of a claw hammer helps if done graduly around the whole circumfrence of the drum.

Back