Rear disc conversion

Hi, im new to this forum and i own a formula 1000 spec k11 micra, ive seen a few with rear discs and i think there sunny vented front brakes?!
could anybody send me in the right direction to gettin these upgrades?!
cheers.

Hi, im new to this forum and i own a formula 1000 spec k11 micra, ive seen a few with rear discs and i think there sunny vented front brakes?!
could anybody send me in the right direction to gettin these upgrades?!
cheers.

i got them :)

talk to Matt Humphries... he can get you them

Or do what im doing and buy a complete nissan march with rear discs, there not as good as matt humphries but with decent pads and discs you dont need to go much better.

Front discs are easy, virtually any Sunny, Almera or 100NX disc & caliper will fit (with spacers to correct offset of caliper, spacers being 3-4mm washers). Choose carefully if you intend to use performance brake pads, because not all caliper variants are covered. Also watch your wheel size, not all 14" wheels will fit over a Almera Gti disc conversion.

Rears are a bit harder. Easy route is to find a Micra with rear discs, I say easy, this is the easiest conversion, but you try finding a Micra in a breakers yard with rear discs. If you find one, get the whole axle and handbrake cables and just swop the lot! We've used Sierra calipers with Almera Gti discs, but we're having problems with the back being overbraked, and are in the process of building a bias pedal box. If you want an effective handbrake (read handbrake turns!) stick with the drums.

Front discs are easy, virtually any Sunny, Almera or 100NX disc & caliper will fit (with spacers to correct offset of caliper, spacers being 3-4mm washers).

you only need 1mm washers to space out the calipers on all b13/n14/n15 brakes. even the gti-r/ gti brakes

I don't know what the fascination with rear discs is to be honest, may be just look a bit better. Stick to drums i say, much better for hand brake turns too!

Back