Rear Centre Cupholder

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So early september my rear cupholder (the one on the hinge behind the handbrake!) got snapped off by a stray foot :( My dad as the culprit said he'd fix it, working in an aircraft servicing department he has access to crazy strong adhesives.

First few things we tried snapped when we tried to place it back in the car, however we've gone all out and put a metal rod and some new mouldable plastic, and it is strong, really strong.

However we can't get it back in the car, I've applied so much force I worry about breaking the stock side of the hinge! We're resorting to shaving a small bit of the hinge off on the chance that the amount of stuff we've stuck in the gap between the bit that broke off and the rest of the cupholder.

The reason I ask is, I'm just curious if we're trying to put it back onto the car in the right way. We've just assumed you line it up in the closed position and push, but I've tried so much force that like I mentioned earlier, I'm worried the other side is going to snap. Tried wobbling the other half of the cupholder about all over the place but there's too much play / too stiffer plastic for it to bend at all.

So early september my rear cupholder (the one on the hinge behind the handbrake!) got snapped off by a stray foot :( My dad as the culprit said he'd fix it, working in an aircraft servicing department he has access to crazy strong adhesives.

First few things we tried snapped when we tried to place it back in the car, however we've gone all out and put a metal rod and some new mouldable plastic, and it is strong, really strong.

However we can't get it back in the car, I've applied so much force I worry about breaking the stock side of the hinge! We're resorting to shaving a small bit of the hinge off on the chance that the amount of stuff we've stuck in the gap between the bit that broke off and the rest of the cupholder.

The reason I ask is, I'm just curious if we're trying to put it back onto the car in the right way. We've just assumed you line it up in the closed position and push, but I've tried so much force that like I mentioned earlier, I'm worried the other side is going to snap. Tried wobbling the other half of the cupholder about all over the place but there's too much play / too stiffer plastic for it to bend at all.

i just put a small screw in each side of the lid where the plastic pegs used to be and pushed it down the grooves whilest in the closed position. operates fine now.