Rear bumper removal... how do I?

pietro

Ex. Club Member
Rear bumper removal:

I can't get it off, I need to straighten the bumper support as someone must reversed it into a lampost or something, it very minor but I want to sort it.

Can anyone tell me how to get the bumper off as Haynes is rubbish!

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

Basically, open the boot. Then take the 2 trim panels where the parcel shelf sits on, and the 2 17mm bolts which hold the rear belts into place in the boot (If it has these).

There are 2 nuts along the edge closest to you when you open the boot, along the bottom - One on each side. Unbolt both of these.

Take the trim off around the inside of the rear quarters on the inside of the boot. There are 2 10mm bolts which hold the sides of the bumper in on here - one on each side.

There are also 2 nuts which you have to get under the back of the car. These are parallel to those which where in the boot... but just underneath the car instead. Unbolt these two nuts.

Lastly, make sure you have unscrewed both the reflector, and the foglight... and it should come off. :)

-Elliot

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
Elliot said:
Hi,

Basically, open the boot. Then take the 2 trim panels where the parcel shelf sits on, and the 2 17mm bolts which hold the rear belts into place in the boot (If it has these).

There are 2 nuts along the edge closest to you when you open the boot, along the bottom - One on each side. Unbolt both of these.

Take the trim off around the inside of the rear quarters on the inside of the boot. There are 2 10mm bolts which hold the sides of the bumper in on here - one on each side.

There are also 2 nuts which you have to get under the back of the car. These are parallel to those which where in the boot... but just underneath the car instead. Unbolt these two nuts.

Lastly, make sure you have unscrewed both the reflector, and the foglight... and it should come off. :)

-Elliot

YEP THAT IS THE WAY TO DO IT!!! (",)

OP
OP
pietro

pietro

Ex. Club Member
Thanks guys!!

Got the bumper off, now I'm stuck.

How do I remove the bumper to straighten the bumper support?

The bumper support seems to be held in by x7 clips?

HELP anyone!