Rear Boot.........

Craig_87

Sideways-Only Way Forward
Ive already asked about this before im sure, but i need a new boot due to a rust problem thats formed after some yobs put the rear window of the car through with an air rifle.

Ive already checked ebay-nothing going, neither is there anything in local scrapyards. The problem is I dont want to get any old boot and spray it blue, im looking for an actual, unmodified boot from a 1994 micra wave. Anyone know if they can help, or is my plight a lost cause............?

Also, i should mention that ive attempted treating the rust, and it worked for about 4 weeks, then it just came back again, and is now worse than ever......

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
and it worked for about 4 weeks

Didn't know rust works that fast!!! LOL

TBH any met blue (same colour code) micra will do. The wave was a common car but not many seen crashed - you might be better off just getting a new boot and spraying it (getting a second hand one might give u the same issues in a year or two)

OP
OP
Craig_87

Craig_87

ollie you forget, i live on the wirral, anythings possible. Ok cheers, wilsonian, ill have to raid my piggy bank, and no lowering springs for me..........

when you say a new boot, do you mean go to nissan blah blah blah, cos the way i see it, and boot now would be second hand.........

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
just find any blue one in a scrappy or just anyone from a scrappy will do, wont cost much to spray and will completly get rid of the problem..

dont worry about it being a wave one..

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
any "same colour" boot will be the same as the wave as they don't have any special bits....

I've just had a quick search and couldn't find a 3rd party new one so it's either nissan and sell ur soul or scrappy.

Asraf

Deactivated Account
You should get a boot from a scrapyard that is already the same colour.
So long as your boot functions for now, you still have time to wait until you find one, as this will save you money in the long run.

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
dude there is about a million scrapyards on the wirral ! when i had my crash in liverpool it was taken to bebbington and i went past 11 scrapyards.

OP
OP
Craig_87

Craig_87

thats in a lot better condition than mine (I see, no rust),

paddy, i know theres not a shortage, but i just havent seen any blue tailgates anywhere in them..