Rear Alignment

T

The Mad Hatter

Right...my 160SR's rear alignment is out. It's pushed the thrust angle to -6, the NS rear wheel is toeing in 0.12 (which is fine) but the OS is toeing in 0.24, Nissan say this is normal for a Micra 160SR.:glare:

I don't think it should be normal, the Nissan mechanic I've spoken to says he can see the misalignment and that it's shaping the tyre. It's also causing a drift to the left and at high speeds I'm having to steer slightly to the right to correct it-THIS IS NOT THE CAMBER OF THE ROAD!!! I've tried it along a camber free road and it's the same.

Nissan are however claiming, like I say, this is within spec for a 160SR. There's no adjustment built into the rear axle of a K12, frustratingly.

Any suggestions as to where I go from here? As this is really destroying my enjoyment of the car, and I bet it's going to wear the tyre out prematurely (I haven't done enough miles for it to become apparent yet).

Is anyone else having problems?

On a sidenote, missing it's looks, noise, equipment and POWER!! over the 1.2 S poverty spec courtesy car they've plopped me in. The 1.2 isn't doing much better economy either!