Really Random! Anyone know about MG Midget / Austin Healy Sprite?

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
My dad has just given me his kit car which is based on a MG Midget/Austin Healy Sprite...

But it needs a new clutch/break master cylinder.. anyone know anything about where to get them?

I know its a long long long shot.. but worth a tryy :p

Cheers

Midgets/sprites are well catered for in Practical classics magazine.

If its been lying about for a while check all the brakes and lever the clutch arm back and forward to make sure they cylinders haven't failed due to something else.

Engine is easy to tune (Will either be the A series as in Minis and Metros or the Triumph 1500 used in the Spitfire, Herals, Dolomite etc.) and parts genuinely cost buttons!

If you have to weld the sills or floor do it with the doors shut, if you don't you will never get them to shut!

Pretty sure Practical performance car had a Midget with an MGF?Lotus K series engine if you are feeling ambitious?

Thanks mate i will have a look!
The rest of the car is in good condition so should be ok.. and its only been sitting about for a few months.
ooh i have alredy been looking in to the k series engines ;)

my dad had a lot of frogeyes when he was younger and Im sure hell be able to help if you get stuk on anything just pm me and ill ask him if you get stuk along the way. im in aberdeen now tho so cant ask him till im back on friday. and get sum pics im intrested in this. always wanted to rebuild a sprite. :D

Back