Rattling Doors

Hi all,
Both my front doors rattle when traveling down the road.When i got out and checked to see if there were any up and down movement,lifting the door with it open.Theres loads of free play and i think this is causing the noise when closed ?
What do you guys think ? Whats the cure ?

Thankyou

No it isn't, simple as that. Either a loose door card, loose window due to worn seals, something loose inside the door that shouldn't be there, or the door is bent out slightly at the top and it rattling against the seal/body due to lack of tention. You don't need to mess around with the hinges, that won't solve the noise.

In all fairness, my door pins are a bit worn and my car rattles like a sack of nails when I'm going down the motorway. It's horrendous. I've just learnt to turn Bonnie Tyler up and ignore it!!! (Y)

It still shouldn't rattle no matter how worn they are, once the door is shut it's locked in place and pulled up tight against to body (or door frame depending how you want to look at it). I've seen (not just in micras) cases where one of the square soundproofing pads inside the door has become slightly unstuck and rattles against the door skin as it flaps around slightly. Another issue with the k10 is the door lock push/pull button rattling, the best thing to do is to remove ther door card and the dampproof sheet, and take a good look inside, checking that everything is tight with a little tug & twist. Then before putting the sheet and doorcard back on just grease all the mechanisms. You may as well while the card is off, i even waxoyled mine last time i had it all off.

I tried that and they only sell them in kits, the hinge is separate from the pins, clips and copper seats. Which is all over priced for what you get and stupid really, they should just sell them complete and ready made.
Damn you Nissan :doh:

............copper seats.
Damn you Nissan :doh:

Brass Bushes....

and yes Damn you nissan.

I had one of my previos K10's with a rattly door....in this case, the door was not flush with the rest of the bodywork....instead it was sticking out almost 1cm!!!......at the time I tried moving the door catch on the chassis inwards slightly, but it was allready at its furthest-inwards position. :-(

many moons later I discovered that infact the door was only latching closed onto its first stage latch....(can you recall that a door will latch loose on the first stage and if pushed further it will latch snugly?).... And I realised that the solution was to adjust the chassis catch OUTWARDS (opposite to what I originally thought).....and this allowed the door to take a hold of the second stage catch and pull the door in snugly......

..you could check this to help you find the problem too (before stripping the door)......gently close the door from open to closed and checking for two distinct locking clicks....:

the first stopping the door form being opened bt with a lot of rattle...

the second that pulls the door in and tentions it up against the rubber door seals, bringing it flush with the contours of the chassis..

+++++++

if you can get your hands on some new brass bushes....this will massively reduce the up and down play in your open door.......and slightly more so with new door pins...(but the improvement with new door pins wont be so noticabe since the bushes are designed to be the part that wears out first..:)

Rich

Thanks GUyus so far.....Doors anyone have an exploded diagram of the door..You know the ones that the Nissan Service men used (MICRFYCH ....Spelliny) :laugh:

The Bushes will need to be pressed in with a vice or G-clamp.

The Brass Bushes are slightly bulged so when they fit in the hole they squash slightly making a it a nice snug fit for the pin.

HTHs

this guy is fishy i get door pins.. and then suddenly hes got loads.. he says thir all real but i think he makes them or somthing but still ok .. but i dont like liars .. and i didnt get bushes.

nah u dont undetstand hes changed it now .. like after i talked to him about having loads.. and hes like oh thir real but hes told 4 sets now.. but i said about bushes and hes like yea but never said he sold them and then after seeying this thread and the link hes started to sell them with the pins.. lol

but still if they work better than going to nissan.. the guy aint replyed to me yet im trying to get the bushes and another set of pins and do all my doors cuz mine hang down

Back