Random rear wiper

Hi guys, presume this is a common fault but wanted to see if its easy fix or needs replacement motor?

Basically the rear wiper now decides it will stop/park randomly when/where it want to after you turn it off.

It will only wipe again after 30secs or so before parking in another position. Any ideas?

Thanks

pollyp

Club Member
sounds like one of the sliding copper fingers in the motor assembly that controls wiper stop/start position has worn out.
replace motor unit with a fresher one

Ok thanks, thought may be the case it needs replacing. I remember on my old P11 Primera you could take the front motor apart and clean the grease off contacts, but easier to replace if find low mileage being broken.

pollyp

Club Member
Ok thanks, thought may be the case it needs replacing. I remember on my old P11 Primera you could take the front motor apart and clean the grease off contacts, but easier to replace if find low mileage being broken.

won't hurt to open it up n clean & bent the arms out slightly for afew more swipes till its replaced

Funny enough my front wipers decided to go all by themselves this morning, even though they were switched off!. No matter what position I turned them they kept wiping. argh I hope this isnt the start of the curse of renault electrics! :mad: