Ramair Filter

I’m a 18 year old new driver and I’m just starting to get into cars properly and just wanted to know if I could and how I would fit a Ramair Filter to it. Im relatively new to cars and I own a 2003 1.2 Micra K12 SE 3 door and wanted to know if it would be a good idea. I’m not really fussed about performance as I’ll have a black box I’m more bothered about about the noise it’ll make and to make it sound even better. This is my first car so I want to do a little messing around with it. Thank you very much :)

The regular K&N style filter is a good option.
They are reusable and won't mess up the engines ecu programming like those cone filters could.
Also a remap would not be necessary but they are slightly more expensive.
Will gain a tiny bit more power.
You won't get the increased engine sounds though.
If you do want the cone filter they are not as easy to install on a K12.
I personally would follow the method John_D made with the ram air duct and a standard filter with the Renault Megan scoop.
That is the one I will be doing in the near future.
Not for sound nor power gain but just because it would make better fitting to the intake. That is somewhat poorly connected to the air box on my micra and possibly others.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I’m a 18 year old new driver and I’m just starting to get into cars properly and just wanted to know if I could and how I would fit a Ramair Filter to it. Im relatively new to cars and I own a 2003 1.2 Micra K12 SE 3 door and wanted to know if it would be a good idea. I’m not really fussed about performance as I’ll have a black box I’m more bothered about about the noise it’ll make and to make it sound even better. This is my first car so I want to do a little messing around with it. Thank you very much :)
Moi Hovrey!
Have you read
John_D's intake modification => Improving the breathing on the K12 CR range of engines (Now Fitted):unsure:;)
-Mika-

Back