Rally k10

Found this whilst bored at work
5ce82b0e-c229-78c9.jpg

Does anyone know anything about it, in particular the bumper and grill

No not part of the ST series ;) it is the prefacelift of the ST.
Just a March Turbo! MA10ET engine like in the figaro.
In the st section of the board are a few photos of this.

It's a March R dude! and yes they are possibly THE rarest micra ever, they were the prototype and predasessor of the ST (excuse my spelling, it sucks). The first March R's were turbo only but the last ones were turbo and supercharged but the engine was not the same as the ST. I believe it was slightly bigger displacement and was kitted up with a different cam and a different ignition system.
There was a turbo only version for sale on piston heads a few months ago for £4500 i think.
By the way, the car next the micra on the last photo looks like an estate version of the 1970 skyline 2000GT, which is possibly the most awesome sounding car ever made (like a gurgling monster rather than a car, really cool).
(Y)

Ok then, i will just say this alex, read the title at the top of the promotional poster...
Does it not read; "Double Charge Club"?
There was a turbo & supercharged version built; the March R, that's the one i was talking about. A march tubo and a march r are two different things.
If they had included a picture of the engine in the promo you'd be able to see the set-up.

No dude, the ST has only ever existed in it's facelift form. The ST is in it's own league full stop.
It went;
Pre-facelift

Datsun Micra,
Nissan Micra,
March Turbo,
March R.

Face-lift

Standard Micra & Super Turbo (same year 1989, also the ma12 was introduced.)
Micra with Cat & ECC
Micra 1.2 Super S & Micra 1.0 Super

Then that was it for the k10, it's a great shame they didn't make a fuel-injected version for both the 1.0 and the 1.2, that would have been very cool.

Oh yeah and if you look closely at the picture you will see that the featured car is fitted with (what later became) the super s sideskirts and arches. So now you know where the super s kit came from lol.

No dude, the ST has only ever existed in it's facelift form. The ST is in it's own league full stop.

Whilst I love the look of the ST (never been in one) I'd much rather have the turbo, basing this on looks alone cause the chances of me getting in a turbo are slim to none

Looks like I'm going to have to get some ss skirts and arches (again grr)

Whilst I love the look of the ST (never been in one) I'd much rather have the turbo, basing this on looks alone cause the chances of me getting in a turbo are slim to none

The picture you just put up, IS a March R, not just a turbo. (Does the hood look familiar?)

Forgot to say the first picture I put up looks to be the original march cup car but there seems to be next to no information about it

Back