Rally car preparation

Just stripped out my 1.0lt micra ready for it's rebuild for competing in Rallyfirst. I believe in not re creating the wheel and doing what looks best. So can someone tell me:

where best to run internal brake lines.

The best (maybe cheapest) way to mount the bucket seats. It seems that you may have to weld or bolt tubes across or by a sub mount!

Any problems associated with fire extinguisher cable run(looks like a lot are mount on the passenger side on the window wiper panel.

If anyone has photo's can they please share as it would make life easier to see then explain.

Thanks

Can't help that much, but all the cars i've seen have the electric and fire extinguisher pulls mounted at the bottom of the window on passenger side... Must just be the 'done thing'?

Edit: have to make sure the cables are lubed fairly often to avoid rust and sticking

Seats will have to be fixed, mine are done with the bars welded s the inner sill and exhaust tunnel
inside2y.png

Thanks for the replies, looks like I will be getting the mig out! I will also start a blog to record the progress of preparing the car.

Thanks again.

Mine are floor mounted, need plating underneath though. Passenger side is best as there is a recess to allow you to take the wiper mechanism out - there is also a routin into the cabin where the heater/blower used to be (if removed)>

Ta

My seats are bottom bolted to a 50mm sq box section in turn bolted through the floor with large washers. Probably not to MSA stage spec but adequate and mega low.

Back