Raising a K11

So im trying to take the micras granny look up a notch and taking it off road, however i dont know how i would go about raising it as K11 lift kits aren't exactly common aha, i would prefer to not use spring spacers between the coils as i know people who have sheared their springs with them and id prefer not to shear mine

Secondly does anyone know what size diameter tyres that the micra would be able to take while still having clearance when steering once raised, i know this also depends on how much i do manage to lift the car but any rough guide would be useful,

thanks guys any help would be much appreciated

-James

Did the Mongol Rally in mine last year. Front springs from a Lexus IS200 will fit the back and raise it a nice bit. I never raised the front just put a 3mm steel sump guard and drove the hell out of it. River crossings desert mountains the lot not a bother up front on the standard springs.
We put 14" on with 7 ply van tyres but def could have gone bigger. Didn't want to add too much weight though.

Last edited:
On the fb, micra pages there's a load called Simon with a lifted one and snorkel,
Can get rally springs to life it, 185/60/14, for and much bigger and fatter think 23inch dia is like the realistic max ,stock is like 19/20inch dia
Can get kinpin tyres for off-road ect cheap

On the fb, micra pages there's a load called Simon with a lifted one and snorkel,
Can get rally springs to life it, 185/60/14, for and much bigger and fatter think 23inch dia is like the realistic max ,stock is like 19/20inch dia
Can get kinpin tyres for off-road ect cheap
Did the Mongol Rally in mine last year. Front springs from a Lexus IS200 will fit the back and raise it a nice bit. I never raised the front just put a 3mm steel sump guard and drove the hell out of it. River crossings desert mountains the lot not a bother up front on the standard springs.
We put 14" on with 7 ply van tyres but def could have gone bigger. Didn't want to add too much weight though.

Thanks lads, i was lookin at the lexus springs its a good shout but im not sur about the sump guard coz i want the whole thing right up, however the 'mad yax 2018' imprint was a sick idea, also 23 inch wheels on my little k11 that would be unreal, do u have any photos of this done i couldn't see anything on fb and i thought stock was 13, also also ive been doin some research and i was looking at coil overs and ik they are mainly used for slamming your car but because theyre adjustable i could in theory set them at the max to increase the ride hight, ive never seen anyone use coilovers to lift a car so could it be done or am i just being stupid?

Also also also, my mother ****in micra arrived today ??????

Oh and also also also ****in also sorry it took so long to reply

Attachments

• 62274273-8C3E-4716-B246-1803699408B2.png
    62274273-8C3E-4716-B246-1803699408B2.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 914
Thanks lads, i was lookin at the lexus springs its a good shout but im not sur about the sump guard coz i want the whole thing right up, however the 'mad yax 2018' imprint was a sick idea, also 23 inch wheels on my little k11 that would be unreal, do u have any photos of this done i couldn't see anything on fb and i thought stock was 13, also also ive been doin some research and i was looking at coil overs and ik they are mainly used for slamming your car but because theyre adjustable i could in theory set them at the max to increase the ride hight, ive never seen anyone use coilovers to lift a car so could it be done or am i just being stupid?

Also also also, my mother ####in micra arrived today ??????

Oh and also also also ####in also sorry it took so long to reply

Been looking into doing this for a bit too.
There's a lad in Australia I think who lifted the front of his by using home made spacers in the top mounts. YouTube video in the link
He has a whole load of videos for his ute build.