Raise/lower steering wheel

I recently got a Nissan Micra Initia 1.2 3dr (2006) and was wondering if there is any way to adjust the height of the steering wheel? I can't seem to find any lever on either side of the steering wheel to pull so I can adjust it, I don't know if it's possible or if I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Any help would be appreciated!

I recently got a Nissan Micra Initia 1.2 3dr (2006) and was wondering if there is any way to adjust the height of the steering wheel? I can't seem to find any lever on either side of the steering wheel to pull so I can adjust it, I don't know if it's possible or if I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Any help would be appreciated!
Is there not a lever you pull underneath the steering wheel and then push it up and down. I have the really basic 2005 Micra with No Aircon or anything so would have thought any Micra would have them if mine does.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Found this image if any help
index.8.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Mine might have one but unsure if it's under or at the side.
Its rather pointless lowering the wheel.
As for me anyways it is pressed against my leg in the lower setting.
Could be useful for people that are not over 6 foot maybe.
If its not there maybe it has been snapped off. Should look like a lock it clip. That you open and close with thumb action?

OP
OP
J

JDB

Mine might have one but unsure if it's under or at the side.
Its rather pointless lowering the wheel.
As for me anyways it is pressed against my leg in the lower setting.
Could be useful for people that are not over 6 foot maybe.
If its not there maybe it has been snapped off. Should look like a lock it clip. That you open and close with thumb action?
Yeah I need to raise it as I'm 6"2, I'll have to shine a torch and see if I can find it. The wheel touches my legs even with the drivers' seat all the way back

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
The levers are designed to break on impact. I would imagine it’s been broken. If you remove the cowling you should see the broken bit and be able to move it.

I believe this is a serviceable item as I remember we had to send loads to Nissan!

Jason.

OP
OP
J

JDB

The levers are designed to break on impact. I would imagine it’s been broken. If you remove the cowling you should see the broken bit and be able to move it.

I believe this is a serviceable item as I remember we had to send loads to Nissan!

Jason.
Now that you mention it that makes sense, there is a gap under the steering wheel that's open, so maybe the cowling has been removed already. I took a look and saw a bit of plastic that looked like it had snapped, I tried pulling it but it didn't seem to budge though.