Rails and Subframes

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
can the rails be removed from the seat subframes, without rendering the slidy rail bit useless? so can i remove the seat and slidy bit but leave the subframe still?

i dont have my car with me and need a quick reply!

thank you,

tom

the frame can be bolted off tom. and you could cut the hinge/recline part off, or you can dismantle the sliding 2 halves (some ball bearings and plastic rods fall out tho :eek: )

i want to leave the frames in the car, so i can put some new rails on to those, so thats possible then? cool,

so how would i take them off? it sort of looks welded on looking at my mates? what sort of bearings lol

Attachments

• PICT0422.JPG
    PICT0422.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 223
than you frank, i really appreciate that and get what you mean,

but i dont think i am really wording it properly...

um :s i dont know how to say it really lol

i have some cobras that i am trying to fit into the car. they are on runners and i want to replace the existing ones? so is it possible to do that?

well..... if you separate the lower 1/2 (ie slide the top 1/2 off completely) you will have 2 rails that will bolt to your floor (with the 4 bolt brackets, but you will lose the seatbelt mount :eek:)
you could need to either weld your bucketseat rails to it, or weld the bucketseat frame to it :)

Either way there is welding involved, I sold my nodded frames to kenny and carnt remember, i'm shure the clubmans came on the runners and I just welded the frame to them.

im shure i could route around for you....give me a day or 2 and i'll find out how i did it and give you a run through it

Back