Radio Display not working :(

i have this nissan micra 2000 Celebration 1 ltr , the radio does work but radio Display does not work, its really difficult to tune in to any radio station , also when i try to connect my iphone via FM Transmitter i am unable to locate the channel, please can any one guide me what to do !! either how to scan and locate a channel or how to get the display ?? is there any easy/cheap option to fix this? i have also tried the cassette adapter but it does not work aswell :( please help anyone

Hi

in terms of the display not working...take the radio out and push all wires in firmly as it sounds like some of the connections are loose. (happened to my car not too long ago)

I also have an FM transmitter...when you turn the transmitter on there should be a radio station number on the transmitter. Match the same radio frequency to your car radio and it should connect no problem...play a song on your iphone and turn the volume up - also check your Aerial is all the way up.

Hope I could help :)

thanks Hassan, if i take the radio out would it not lock the car? how to go around that please?
the thing with FM Transmitter is that i can see the radio station number on the transmitter but because i cant get a display on the car radio i am unable to find the same radio station :(

thanks Hassan, if i take the radio out would it not lock the car? how to go around that please?
the thing with FM Transmitter is that i can see the radio station number on the transmitter but because i cant get a display on the car radio i am unable to find the same radio station :(

Ah right okay...so once you fix the radio that will sort out the other issue also. And I'm not too sure about the car locking. That's the first time I've heard that. When I did it it was fine.

If the display still doesnt work after you try this, then im guesssing the pins in the radio are broken, best thing to do is get a CD player for about £20 on eBay and stick that in :D maybe even a few 6x9's and a sub? lol

The reason your display is not working is that there is a carbon ribbon cable behind it that has become detached. These are bonded down unlike the older solder copper ribbon. You'll never really get a permanent repair on it. Really you need a new head unit. Also this has no effect on your central locking. I think you're confusing the Nats security coding of the stereo with the central locking.

The reason your display is not working is that there is a carbon ribbon cable behind it that has become detached. These are bonded down unlike the older solder copper ribbon. You'll never really get a permanent repair on it. Really you need a new head unit. Also this has no effect on your central locking. I think you're confusing the Nats security coding of the stereo with the central locking.

ooh yes thats what i meant, NATS security, i thought that if you remove/change the cd player/radio it locks the car or something!

Back