Radio dead.

2 days ago my radio lost all power, even in stand by mode, there's nothing on the display. It's about 8 months old.

Could it be the fuse and if so how do I locate it?

Many thanks

Really m8? Look next to steering wheel for similar like this.

nx2000-5-fuselayout.jpg

Just check for an obviously broken (blown) fuse at something that says radio. Tell us what state of fuse you have there.

Okay mate, just remove the small panel next to steering wheel and count the fuses before pin pointing the one you have to pull. There should be a small tool on the backside of this panel that can do this. There even should be replacement fuses. Mixing colours *not* recommended and even forbidden by much :)

Okay mate, just remove the small panel next to steering wheel and count the fuses before pin pointing the one you have to pull. There should be a small tool on the backside of this panel that can do this. There even should be replacement fuses. Mixing colours *not* recommended and even forbidden by much :)

Great, thank you. I think I have some fuses in a bulb kit I bought. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thank you again

Yes just match colour and you're good. If it blows again or not, just tell us.

Found the fuse. labelled "Audio" it's 15A It looks in tact, not blown, a "new" radio is on the way, so I guess, the only thing is to change this for the "new" one and see.

Thank you for your help.

Found the fuse. labelled "Audio" it's 15A It looks in tact, not blown, a "new" radio is on the way, so I guess, the only thing is to change this for the "new" one and see.

Thank you for your help.
A cheap multimeter like THIS ONE would probably helped you far better than just buying a replacement radio, which will show exactly the same symptoms if the power feed is the problem .......
K12 radio wiring.jpg

You will also find, on removing the original radio, that there is a fuse actually in the back, next to the connectors.......
K12 radio rear view.jpg

A cheap multimeter like THIS ONE would probably helped you far better than just buying a replacement radio, which will show exactly the same symptoms if the power feed is the problem .......
View attachment 72703
You will also find, on removing the original radio, that there is a fuse actually in the back, next to the connectors.......
View attachment 72702

Hi, first, thank you for taking the time to reply and being so helpful including the link and photos. I know absolutely nothing at all about car maintenance, and wouldn't know how to use a multimeter to check the power. Although I have used them in other situations I wouldn't know where to start or what I am looking for in this instance.

I have seen on the "new" radio there is indeed a fuse at the back, and see it in your pic. The radio I have in, was a temporary replacement for the original "Nissan" Tape player, it was bought online at about £12 new, I was always planning on replacing it. This has just pushed me to do it now, rather than later.

I had this radio fitted at a local fitting place, so I know the wiring was also updated to "ISO" so hoping that with the use of a YouTube video, it will now be a simple swap.

I will update this afternoon when I get chance to attempt the swap. If the "new" radio is also dead, then I think it will have to go to an expert.

Thanks again.

Hi, first, thank you for taking the time to reply and being so helpful including the link and photos. I know absolutely nothing at all about car maintenance, and wouldn't know how to use a multimeter to check the power. Although I have used them in other situations I wouldn't know where to start or what I am looking for in this instance.

I have seen on the "new" radio there is indeed a fuse at the back, and see it in your pic. The radio I have in, was a temporary replacement for the original "Nissan" Tape player, it was bought online at about £12 new, I was always planning on replacing it. This has just pushed me to do it now, rather than later.

I had this radio fitted at a local fitting place, so I know the wiring was also updated to "ISO" so hoping that with the use of a YouTube video, it will now be a simple swap.

I will update this afternoon when I get chance to attempt the swap. If the "new" radio is also dead, then I think it will have to go to an expert.

Thanks again.
No problems. if the new radio doesn't come with the security code, and is a BlauPunkt one, post a request with the serial number and I'll supply you with the code....

I wrote to just tell us if fuse is blown or not :) I recommend to not open the packing of your newly ordered radio before making sure what John says. I would start removing old radio, look in to what John said and if a question arises, just put radio back without anti theft or take it home. Nothing to worry about you can do it (with or without further help), I'm sure.

No problems. if the new radio doesn't come with the security code, and is a BlauPunkt one, post a request with the serial number and I'll supply you with the code....

hi, it's a Kenwood, it's boxed with manual so hopefully code will be in there. I haven't tried yet as had a Dr appointment. Thanks again

I wrote to just tell us if fuse is blown or not :) I recommend to not open the packing of your newly ordered radio before making sure what John says. I would start removing old radio, look in to what John said and if a question arises, just put radio back without anti theft or take it home. Nothing to worry about you can do it (with or without further help), I'm sure.

Thank you It's a used radio so packaging already open. Thank you for another helpful reply.

Also check the earth. OEM Nissan is earthed tru the aerial. After market needs a seperate earth wire.

thank you.

I currently have an aftermarket in, this is what has blown, so I am hoping this will already be present and just a straight swap, but I am worried I will blow something. Is it ESSENTIAL to remove the (-) from the battery before doing this?

Had a look, took negative off battery, which is already very loose and won't tighten. took centre console out. Took "old" radio out... fitted wire harness that came with Kenwood, thats as far as I can get I can't do it,. I will find a radio fitter near me. Thanks for all your help.

Back