Radio and cigarette lighter

ChrisP

Buy & Sell Member
Hello all
New to the forum and new to Micra's having just bought one on Saturday, 1996 P reg 1.0 ltr Auto. Initially as a 2nd car for my wife but will be my daughters in a years time. Have to say, what a great little car. Anyway my question is how do I remove the original cassette radio without breaking anything (it doesn't work) and as the cig lighter is blanket off how easy is it to fit one so I can charge things as I drive.
Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Chris

Its REALLY easy to change the stereo. Before you start, make sure you have the 'radio code' if you want to keep the old head unit. You may also need an adaptor to convert the normal micra connectors to your chosen after market stereo.

The only tool you need is a normal phillips screwdriver! 4 screws hold the centre console on ... 2 above the stereo and 2 in the ashtray slot. Remove the centre console from the bottom, popping the the top out last. Its pretty obvious from there ... 4 more screws hold in the stereo. SIMPLES!

As for the 12v socket ... i'd like to know this too! haha! :p

Find a lighter & bit of wiring from a victim & connect them to a local live & earth.
Sad that we were not even allowed a fag lighter when the March was as well specced as a Merc fwn

Back