Radiator Slimline Fan Adventures

It's a bit tough finding some Micra/Pao parts in the USA. For this reason, and for time purposes I'm trying to use an aftermarket slimline Rad fan... has anyone done this? The one recommended by auto-parts websites has 2 wires and the Pao has 3. Is the Pao fan supposed to be 2 speed? Any ideas to help a novice mechanic out?

Thanks!

Brad, Are you sure your old fan is bad? How do you know it's not just the temperature sensor? Did you try testing the fan by seeing if it comes on when the a/c is on? Not sure about the Pao, but on a lot of cars the fan will bypass the sensor and run continuously when the a/c is on.

It's funny you should say that, because after my mechanic said the fan was bad... I thought I better check it to just make sure... and it wasn't the fan, I'm pretty sure it's the cooling fan switch. I tried to test with boiling water and a test light and it didn't work so I ordered a new one. Crossing my fingers. Thanks for the reply!

It worked. I just replaced the cooling fan switch. Funny thing is, in the states... the OEM switch matched the same one that was in a Sentra, and ordered it from Rockauto for $10

Back