Radiator hard pipe to water pump.

Hello all first post and as ever its s problem :love:

I picked up a micra for the missus as I've had several and I view them as being the car equivelant of an AK-47 :)

Unfortunatley whilst her old man was trying to do an oil change when removing the filter he's pushed up against the pipe that comes off the main inlet pipe and goes to the heater matrix. This seems to have nudged the pipe sufficiently to spring a leak.

I couldn't be bothered dealing with this one myself as its a bit nippy and as a result I took it to a garage to be dealt with. I wasn't convinced that the pop it out and shove instant gasket solution would hold and again its sprung a leak. Luckily I caught it before it ran dry :glance:

Anyway I've popped it back to them today but I think they are wondering themselves what to do about it. I've suggested the O ring at the back of the pipe might be perished as having used the search button this item seems to be mentioned alot.

Is there anything you chaps know of that might be useful information for them in finding a fix. Otherwise I'm going to take a day off and strip the sod myself I think !

lenagh

if the pipe has been deformed, the "o" ring is probably not seating properly, i think it,s only a 1/2hr job to replace or (if poss remove and straighten) the steel pipe

Back