Radiator Fan Wiring??

The workshop manual shows there is a 12+ coming from the ignition relay to the thermoswitch. The other wire from the thermoswitch then goes to the fan motor. The other wire from the motor goes to ground. Fine. Then i should expect to see only two wires going to the radiator assembly, 12+ and ground.

But, i see three wires instead in the car at the plug designated 8m in the manual. strange thing is that in the drawing of the 8m plug in the manual it also shows three wires going to the fan motor, but only indicates two in the wiring diagram.

what are these three wires?
i assume 1 is 12+, one is ground. but the third one appears to be a spliced connection from the wire joining the thermoswitch to the fan? what is that for?

The workshop manual shows there is a 12+ coming from the ignition relay to the thermoswitch. The other wire from the thermoswitch then goes to the fan motor. The other wire from the motor goes to ground. Fine. Then i should expect to see only two wires going to the radiator assembly, 12+ and ground.

But, i see three wires instead in the car at the plug designated 8m in the manual. strange thing is that in the drawing of the 8m plug in the manual it also shows three wires going to the fan motor, but only indicates two in the wiring diagram.

what are these three wires?
i assume 1 is 12+, one is ground. but the third one appears to be a spliced connection from the wire joining the thermoswitch to the fan? what is that for?
I know this is old, but did you ever figure this out? I'm wondering the same thing.

Back