Racing stripes??

Chrisxn

Ex. Club Member
car-mebe.jpg

was thinking about getting some stripes for my k11, but Im not sure...

SO! you guys being experts and that, thought I'd ask your oppinion.. What you think?
:glance:

To be very honest with you i think most people will say no!!! Altho personally i was going to get some!!! And i still like them. I think on a standard car they will look a bit out of place, but if it's nicely modified it could look good :)

Welcome btw :)

Thank you for the welcome!!

Yeah, I agree.. I just dont want my car lookin so plain!!

Mods I wanna do for the look of the car are lower and wide arches.. I think it will look better with those.. But bein 18 and a student.. Dont have the money :(

Guess I like the look of these, and theyre in my price range.... (under a tenner*cough cough*)

:D

thought I'd ask your oppinion.. What you think?
:glance:

my opinion save the £10 and get a migictree and some carwax...

if i was you and skint like ya say, i'd make a list of minor mods youd like to do... figure out costs and slowly buy them...

i think you'll find basics dont cost too much...

stripes no way... it cries out attention seeker... just get some fluffy dice:p

I'd spend the money on a good wash brush. Know it sounds daft but at least you'll use it and wont get laugh at by most people.

I just think the only car that gets away with stripes is a viper - just like Scoobies can get away with gold alloys :D

A wide stripe down the centre could look good - reckon lime green or yellow would be better than white.. but then I love the rally-tart look. Thin double stripes to one side look a bit too Burberry IMO...

just like Scoobies can get away with gold alloys
Ha ha I was toying with the idea of painting my steelies gold!

I would say don't do it. Stripes look good on Ferraris (think 360 CS) and Vipers, but I reckon they would look a bit daft on a Micra. But the choice is yours - it's your car after all! Anyway, if everyone had the same tastes, the world would be a pretty boring place.

DO IT! its your car do what you want with it! i had a singular white strip bout an inch thick on my first k10 along with 16v and turbo stickers! (my mates did it early in the morning on my 17th birthday). also once got asked for a race my a guy in an xr2 fiesta at a petrol station he thought it was an ST because it was a k10 super with the turbo sticker underneath (super turbo lol) sadly i had to admit it wasnt and that it was a standard 1.0l!

Firstly: As said before by someone in this thread, if you like it then do it and sod everyone else.

In my personal opinion, it depends why you want to do it really. If you think its going to make it look like a sporty beast, it won't. I had a thick black stripe going along the centre of the roof on my white K11. I did it just for novelty factor mainly - I mean, how many Micras do you see with stripes?

Although the fact that it quite nicely covered a mistake I made when painting my old spoiler was also a factor tbh :blush:

I've changed the spoiler now and removed the stripe, although I still think it looked quite unique and I think thats a good thing :)

Back