• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Raceworx Micra Blog

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
Finally got the last mount completed! so the motor is sat in on its own now! just needs electronics sorting and some other bits and we will soon be running! i even swept the garage floor. some update pics

Final mount on the drivers side you can just see it through the headlight gap.

PICT0064.jpg

Side veiw to show space

PICT0066.jpg

close up f the Throttle pot

PICT0065.jpg

Testing the bonnet for clearence

PICT0067.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

getting closer!!

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
RE: SR20 progress

Nice one. Looks like its coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing another 2.0l micra again. :D Good luck for it.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
RE: SR20 progress

Cheers for the comments :) dont say that danni ill get speeding fines trying to get to ya house :p

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
RE: RE: SR20 progress

richmicratwista said:
i would like to have a gander to mate apparently u from my neck of the wood

Yes mate the car is in sheffield :) i live in dronfield if you know it PM me, you can come have a look if ya want :)

I

iain1970

A little late to this I know, but my mate is currently at the same stage. He's got the engine & box in (just) and was doing the centre mount on Saturday and is going to start the wiring/cooling/driveshaft things. The n/s shaft looks like its going to be mighty short - any ideas where he can get some made up? We're in the Oldham area.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
i havent got round to soring the shafts yet im getting the other bits in first im gathering bits for the wiring like diagrams and such fourth.

rad is on the way so that will be plumbed in this weekend, need to sort some bits for fueling. suspention is orderd and will be here soon, once all thats done ill get her back to my house do the back and wiring and get the shafts made then.

I think im gona use pro-shaft i dont know yet.

Cheers
Ian

R

RIK

have you tried watsons engineering? the guys that do 2.0ltr mini conversions!

they do them,pretty cheap aswell , chesterfield iirc

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
would be nice when shes on the road have to meet in medowhall lower car park :p keeps the rain off and sounds better.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
got abit more done today got the headlights in rad mounted and trial fitted the electric water pump.

1b88a4ac.jpg

56a3a602.jpg

the pump :-

PICT0069.jpg

hopefully tomoz ill get the bonnet re-taped and the bumper on and the brakes on ready to tow her home
who knows where ill take it first when its done!! to the MOT station first i think :p

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
excellent work there mate you got a timescale on this yet? when do you roughtly tink it wil be done? and can i get some video footage of it when it is complete?

dave

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
end of the month as in this month or next? either way its not very long at all!

excellent start thinking about good scenic places for footage then matey i'll havea drive over yours onday when its done to get some footage. :)

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
got more done today :) bumper back on the wheels and brakes are on, track rods were a bastard and needed re-threading. just needs towing home so i can get the electrics done some pipes and the shafts putting on :D

PICT0071.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0074.jpg

PICT0075.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

PICT0077.jpg

sooooo close!!!

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
i know the shear stupidity of me askin this with all the other lots of interesting work that you have carried out but a) where did you get the splitter from and b) where did you get the black grille from as i have a gawdy chrome one and want to change. that is some real nce work by the way and i realy cant wait to see how it goes.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
59 bhp is more than enough said:
i know the shear stupidity of me askin this with all the other lots of interesting work that you have carried out but a) where did you get the splitter from and b) where did you get the black grille from as i have a gawdy chrome one and want to change. that is some real nce work by the way and i realy cant wait to see how it goes.

lol no problem man :-

A) the splitter is a laguna splitter of a renalt laguna i saw in the scrapyard £20
b) the the grils are the chrome ones sprayed up black i did it miself cost £15 in paint
c) to do the front lights you need to heat them in the oven prise the glas off when the glue is hot then spend time painting the bit inside black, then seal it back up.

Titch

Micra K11ng
Ian - you are the MAN!!! This will be the quickest SR20 K11 in history, and it will all run fine, i promise you that! I know the amount of work that has been put into this, it will ALL pay off. Will be donwn once you've completed it to investgate your work!!

Can't wait - only a small time left now mate :) :)

Tutch :kungfu:

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
cheers for all the support :D

ill dare ed its not designed for drag but ill take her up there for fun :p

how about i take it up the strip then you come to a track day ?

Titch said:
Ian - you are the MAN!!! This will be the quickest SR20 K11 in history, and it will all run fine, i promise you that! I know the amount of work that has been put into this, it will ALL pay off. Will be donwn once you've completed it to investgate your work!!

Can't wait - only a small time left now mate :) :)

Tutch :kungfu:

I thought it would be too until i seen davey bulls car up here in scotland actually sitting running spooling up the turbo and holy #### it spools quick and sounds a beast :s

2.0Turbo all the way! makes me want one now :)

Titch

Micra K11ng
nissanmansco said:
I thought it would be too until i seen davey bulls car up here in scotland actually sitting running spooling up the turbo and holy #### it spools quick and sounds a beast :s

2.0Turbo all the way! makes me want one now :)

Where is he based?? Is this the one from outside Cumbernauld?

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
i wonderd how long it would be untill daves car would be mentioned...... iv already spoken to various people about it lol so im not gona start on here fair play to him having the cash to pay to have it done.... im having to do it myself though.

and mine would stil be quicker round a race track :p like he said himself without the slicks he carnt use the power and in anything less than bone DRY its usless.

iv choped and changed my mind alot but now im set N/A all the way :p

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i'll come on a track too keep me posted when and where its gonna be, dont have anything like the speed you two do but i wanna go on a track all the same

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
yes youll get a briefing on the day. However the aim is not to race, believe it or not. Its simply to have fun with your car, if a faster car comes up from behind you your supposed to let them past.

Ed

James

Chairman
Davey C said:
i'll come on a track too keep me posted when and where its gonna be, dont have anything like the speed you two do but i wanna go on a track all the same
Ditto, but I wanna get lowered first hehe :)

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
I could build my car myself very easly...but as I've said before, I have neither the time or resources to build the car!

I have a #### load of respect for you attempting the swap yourself, as it ain't easy!

Good luck to you on competing on the track, where ever it may be, but I'm not really a track person, hence why I am setting it up for the strip!

Cheers anyways!

Dave

P.S. It would be good to get against each other on the track just to see how well mine would fair up!

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
how do dave :) yeah i know were setting them up for completly different purposes.. i wanna see yours completed only seen the hakf way pics..