• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Raceworx Micra Blog

I'm not sure if mine has a limiter, '92 1.3 March, I've pushed it to an indicated 115 (private proving ground) but running 185/60x14 front tyres, (wouldn't that make the speedo under read ?) and didn't feel any sort of limiter cut in at all.

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
if thats in 5th you'd be ages away from the limiter :)
on my 1.0 its

1st 30
2nd 58
3rd 82
4th 109
5th 130 ish i think :S (obviously never hit that one)

(top speed limit: 120 mph tho i never hit that limit either)

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
yeah the way i found out if i had a limiter before i had my rev counter was: put it in first, take a keep breath, and planted it n when u hit the limiter in 1st it really throws u back :S

Ian

Ex. Club Member
going to the limiter is pointless on standard cams. Your march will have a limiter though. The rev limit is something different to the speed limit raceworx is on about.

As long as the europe and jap ECU's are similar, you wouldn't have hit a limiter on the proving ground in the march because its pre-facelift.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
pre facelift micras dont have a top speed limiter they could pull to a theoretical 145mph top speed at the standard rev limit in 5th gear with the right power.. my car is a facelift and has a top speed limiter of 112mph as nearly all small jap/import cars do.

Rlees i only did a quick port clean up and gasget match i used a grinding kit and a flap wheel of varying degrees to polish the exhuast glass smooth.. it was time consuming and went through shed loads of grinding bits..

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
right a glimps into the raceworx engine shop (my nans) iv got hold of a CG13DE auto which is going to form the base of my CG13DET project.. as you can see i stil have the SR20 which is going to give me afew bits :D anyway to the pics :-

IMG00001.jpg

IMG00002.jpg

it looks like its not had an oil change for a fair bit but theres no wear on the cam lobes which is good :D

IMG00003.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

Nope its not a super light fly its proof its an auto with its starter gear :-
IMG00006.jpg

I took the inlet off but rememberd i had made a cutdown inlet for experimenting with a while ago!! :-
IMG00008.jpg

then glancing at the SR20 nkowing i wanted to use its throttle bodie i had a brain wave lol :-

IMG00009.jpg

i can use this top section as my inlet plenum all i need is some ram pipes welding to the cut down inlet a nice flat plate that bolts up and we have a side draught SR20 Thrttlebodied inlet :D

IMG00007.jpg

got it ready to take the head off but the batteries ran out!!

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Raceworx said:
you can see my car in the background lol
i was expecting a very distant 'blink and you miss it' kind of thing. quite a good close up really. the show looked awsome. will you be going to the japshow finale at the pod?

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
going back to the speed limiter, the ecu gets its speed signal from the speedo drive in the box, right? can't you disconnect it and either wire it straight into the dash clocks (i'm not sure if the ecu alters the signal at all or just takes a reading from it), or if that's not possible get a gps speedo (road angel, tomtom etc). the gps is going to be as accurate as you can get ( but not on acceleration) as the ecu speed is governed by the tyre size etc.
just a quick fix possibly before you get EMU.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
just this second crashed my car taken the rear wheel clean off just as i was thinknig of selling it... paert available then...

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
just this second crashed my car taken the rear wheel clean off just as i was thinknig of selling it... paert available then...

sorry to hear dude, me mum just rang and told me you had a crash hope your ok! not being funny or anything dude but do i get first refuasal on parts etc or when you sell it? shaun still having your enkeis then? , anyway look on the bright side it could've been much worse good job you declared all your mods!

as said dude hope your ok!

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
it's at my house now.here's the pics of ian's car. the car's now been sold whole, no parts are available. but not to me!!!
the sad part is, he wasn't even racing anyone. he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. lol

Attachments

• 12112006067.jpg
    12112006067.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 489
  • 12112006068.jpg
    12112006068.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 554
  • 12112006069.jpg
    12112006069.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 529
  • 12112006070.jpg
    12112006070.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 410

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
This new mod is catching on!!!

Back%20To%20Future.jpg
LMAO!!

thats more like it :) will be fitting my hover convertion in the next couple of days ;) go me!!

i saw the real DMC they used in the films. some guy bought it here down south.. it was broken down lol :D obviously ran out of crap to put in the Mr Fusion

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
£2000 and shes yours.. no offers the bits on the car are worth more.... im fixing it now so ill only let her go for that..

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
good price for the list of mods etc....

bit to hardcore for me

good luck if you decided to sell, although i rather you keep the car and finish it off.

kristian

One Way Mule
Pretty much everything they do..
front and rear anti roll bars, and the Adj trailing arms...
Camber kit..

ha ha.. just checking out the websites u sent me..

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
just posting some pics up for raceworx.

check out the low budget rally service area.

and a taster shot of the front bumper mod. (still work in progress)

Attachments

• 25112006082.jpg
    25112006082.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 415
  • 25112006083.jpg
    25112006083.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 463
OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
cheers for putting the pics up dude.. the car is having abit of a chop and change cos iv got board and if im fixing her she needs some new bits.. so its having a new top secret front splitter added aswell the rear bumper is going to be sliced apart... and a new front crossmember added so there wont be a single piece of rust on her.. oh and new alloys iv chosen with toyo R888 semi slick tyres on there for more grip :D

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
orderd the aluminium for the rear bumper, started the front splitter, painted the rear axel up orderd a new front panal so its just a case of finding a break in the weather and cracking on with it.. cheers to shaun and vic for putting up with having the car on there drive..

the rear axel we got was from a pre-facelift 1.0 so we had to grind and weld the mounts for that back on before we painted it in hamerite blue it looks good :D got new drop links aswell just waiting till the x-mas shopping is finished so i can buy the wheels and tyres..:alien:

oh and i have been talking about a new project with shaun so the 1.3 turbo is off but i have thought getting the spare engine built up with 1.0 pistons tomie head gasget 1.6 injectors and throttle bodie walbro pump fse boost valve with a greddy e-manage ultimate to map it all with my cams and exhaust and finally see just what kind of power it can make as everyone bands figures around but iv not seen a dyno sheet on this sight of a
N/A tune micra

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
We had a massive post once on power figures but it caused so many arguments I think it was locked and has since dropped off the archives. I can't find my old dyno sheets either, which is a shame.

I'll be hopping on the dyno with the old engine just as soon as my exhaust comes back from the coaters. It'll be running NME cams, Group A intake and Group A exhaust system with two ecu setups as a comparison to allow it to rev past the standard limiter, which is right in the way for the NME profile.

Will post up the figures when they arrive, so we can cause some disruption in the new year ;)

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
well this is where i will need some help iv got a face lift and im sure my avanti cam specs need it to rev more.. so for power wise the engine build will hopefully be somthing like this :-

CG13DE Auto block
Avanti cams
Tomei low compresion head gasget
1.0 pistons
ill give the head abit of a polish and rubdown
1.6 TB and 1.6 injectors
FSE power boost valve
walbro fuel pump
janspeed manifold 3" decat and 2" straight no box exhaust
sealed airbox with feed from front bumper

might throw some better sparkplugs in.. but the reall ###### is going to be sorting the ECU rev limit as pete carnt do the facelift boards yet i dont think... any ideas???????

Ian

Ex. Club Member
i think craig once said something about the japs running 1.0 pistons in 1.3s with thin gaskets and they had some valve/piston collision.

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
ian if you want to go mentalisitic there is one option..... impul ecu for k11 raises rev limit to 10k, i have seen them for sale on jap sites they go for around £650