• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Raceworx Micra Blog

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Craig said:
Maybe in a pregnancy tester yes, but in a car red is best.
(IMO)

lol i thought blue meant you had set sail for poo-creek, cant say im an expert tho being a lad and all that...

back on topic tho, purple all the way ;)

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
okay so plan so far :-

its booked in at nissan on friday to have the brakes sorted new rear shoes and a full bleed! if this works and the brakes now work fine saturday its a run to see tommo and the stafford crew powerflow at 12PM is already boked for a 2" cat back no box system.

Pray that nissan can sort my brakes!

N

nizzanz1

noise regulations? even micra rally cars have a box system. but i suppose they are noise tested and road cars are not. i know track day organisers will turn you away if you dont pass the db test.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
yeah but i can get a DB insert for £11 to cram u there for noise regulations youd be suprised how loud 105DB limit really is it has that 3" box in place of the first cat just no boxes from there back.. but like i said this all depends on nissan sorting my brakes out.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
you should've said, i'd have given you a hand sorting brakes. i worked at nissan in chesterfield for nearly 4yrs. it's got to be better than them getting some yts kid doing it and charging you a fortune. why does it need rear shoes? i can't ever remember changing a set on a k11 because they was worn.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
good karma:- they fixed the brakes. but i was expecting alittle more
from them

bad karma :- 1) the rear bearing is on the way out
2) i orderd a janspeed manifold for myself and richard only has arrived but they have taken the damn money for them!
3)i get home to find churchil have renewed my insurance
for project ####box without any say so from myself

I dont know! atleast its a sunny day and i can get to stafford to get my exhaust done!

Antony

Ex. Club Member
my insurance company re-newed my insurance for a car that i had a letter of disctruction for....3 months earlier.....:laugh:

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
exhaust is now fitted £90 for the cat back it would have looked abit silly with just the pipe so a tip was put on it. also had the 3" de-cat box put on at the same time sounds loverly :D janspeed manifold is sat upstairs waiting for the Aircon to be removed..

but the arches still catch so im raising the fronts 10mm to stop that. also noticed that water is coming in from where the seatbelt bolts were wo need to put the bolts back in, and the rear bearing needs doing ASAP! so its another trip to a garage to ge that sorted!

tommo

Ex. Club Member
Raceworx said:
also noticed that water is coming in from where the seatbelt bolts were wo need to put the bolts back in

from the front of the rear wheel arches?! i had that so put the bolts back in lol

pic on behalf of mr raceworx.....

Image006ru.JPG

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
Richmicratwist came round today as we both baught janspeeds the other week, but we couldnt fit them till we de-aircond the cars.. so weve spent a god 9 hours doing both today so now got a brand new janspeed on mine and richards.. but its pulled my exhuast into contact with a heat shield so i need it adjusting and its very very very very very loud lol have to shout to my passengers righ now says hes deaf in one ear! so i need to get a decible insert for day to day driving.. aswell as get the rear adjusted to stop it hitting..

still needs its wheel bearing doing aswell!!

Titch

Micra K11ng
Ahhh the joys of just having the manifold and then a pipe till the end!! Will never hear a car thats as loud as that i promise haha. Looking good man - how it perform with the manifold on?

Titch :kungu:

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
not bad it pulls to 115 if i could slipstream someone it would easy go 120 and hit the limit. the K&N is letting it down need a sealed airbox.. some cams when chie decides to send them.. and the re-map and il be happy with its N/A form.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
i havent got them yet :( might have been stuck in our ####ty post office.. #### just read nmy post it shounds like im slaging him off :S appologies mister chie :D

Ian

Ex. Club Member
heh he doesnt come on here anymore anyways, they should be there soon dude. Make some videos of the cars straight line performance when they are in ;)

tommo

Ex. Club Member
decibel inserts are now a very very very good idea. stafford police are #### hot now, for the next month there doing stop checks on any car they feel like pulling over. jims been done, and now dan on SM :/

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
exhuast now fixed bearing booked for tomoz and the cams arrived today!! just ordering the following :-

TERT023.jpg

terratrip ampifier and 2 of these headsets :-

TERT026LB.jpg

ill be able to hear my passengers now lol wonder if i can get an ipod adapter.. hmmm

R

RIK

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhaahahaahhhhhaaahaa

cant belive your buying those lol it cant be that loud

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
###### need someone to test the other headset :p i think the problem is its resonates in the car to a frequency that hurts my ears.. other than that its cool.. well happy:D

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
some pics of it as of this weekend at rotorstock :-
PICT0040.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

put her on the dyno got 95.9BHP and 83lb/ft with just the janspeed cat-back and a crap k&N with no airfeed.

also ran a 17.02secs 1/4 mile not bad for my first never run!

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
no thats with the janspeed i still have door cards cos the pockets are usefull for keeping water/sunglasses in and havent got round to buying some carbon fibre sheet.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Raceworx said:
some pics of it as of this weekend at rotorstock
sorry i didn't make this. had a lot to do monday.sorting the missus's n/s/r wheel bearing!!! was one of many jobs. did you get your's sorted?
was it a good weekend? hope the weather held off for you.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
heres the power printout.. nice flat tourque curve too :D but i carnt help thinking shes still got some more to go the power is still rising at the limiter :S
powerprintout.jpg

silver_si:- i did mate it was the wheel that wasnt sitting right and needed grinding out to clear the lip in the drum!! wheel bearings were fine!

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Nice printout that, interesting to see that they move the torque graph above the power one, makes for slightly easier (if initially misleading) viewing :)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Raceworx said:
heres the power printout.. nice flat tourque curve too :D but i carnt help thinking shes still got some more to go the power is still rising at the limiter :S

Max power at that rpm is pretty spot on for a standard 1.3 block with bolt ons.